Battle

Sakura's P.O.V.

Rangiku laughed and chased Toshiro around the room. I had no idea why they were acting so strange.

"Get back here, Captain! I wanna play with your hair!" Rangiku yelled.

"You're drunk, Rangiku! Stay away from me!" Toshiro replied.

"Rangiku, let Toshiro do his work. You can play with my hair if you want." I said, throwing my last report into the filed box.

I choked on air when she tackled me from behind. She pinned me to the floor.

"Your hair is too short to play with! I wanna see you and Captain fight!" She said.

Toshiro stood at my head. I looked up at him.

~~~

"I'm not holding back."

"Neither am I."

Toshiro and I were hovering above Seireitei. I had Ryotashio in my hand. Toshiro pulled Hyorinmaru out of its sheath. I held Ryotashio toward him.

"Come at me with your best shot!" I snapped.

He slid his foot back and shot toward me. I held up Ryotashio, and sparks flew as our blades connected. He smirked, his green eyes wild. I growled, and my spiritual pressure flowed out of me. He jumped away, and I touched Ryotashio's blade.

"Spread venom through veins! Ryotashio!" I growled.

I tilted the blade down, and a purple colored poison dripped from the end. Toshiro's eyes widened.

"I told you I wasn't holding back, Toshiro." I said.

He held Hyorinmaru up as I ran toward him. I used flash step at the last second and appeared between him and Hyorinmaru, Ryotashio's blade stuck in Toshiro's side. His eyes were wide with surprise and pain. I pushed his arm away and ripped Ryotashio from his side. I heard cheers and rounds of angry yelling, and I saw most of the Seireitei community below us.

I gasped when Toshiro pinned me down. Blood poured from his wound, and his face was red from the poison. He was breathing harder than usual.

"Cheap shot!" I growled.

"Same to you." He answered.

I kicked him away and got to my feet. He struggled to stay standing up. I rolled my eyes and pulled out a small tube. A needle stuck out at the end. I aimed at his leg and threw the tube at him, the needle facing him.

He clutched his leg when the needle dug into his skin. He pulled the tube out, and his face returned to its normal color.

"Hey!" Rangiku yelled, appearing in between us. "This is lame!"

Toshiro raised Hyorinmaru above his head. "Reign over the frosted heavens! Hyorinmaru!"

A chain appeared at the end of Hyorinmaru's hilt, and a crescent shaped blade attached to the end of it. Toshiro slashed through the air, and a Chinese dragon made of ice shot toward me. It knocked Ryotashio out of my hand and clamped down on my arm. I screamed in agony, and my blood dripped to the ground below.

"Toshiro! You're going to kill her!" Rangiku yelled.

My entire body slowly became cased in ice. I started shivering slightly, and I realized that the ice didn't completely trap me. I took a deep breath, and my body slowly warmed itself up. I yanked my arms free, and the rest of the ice shattered.

"Bankai!" Toshiro and I yelled together.

Ice covered his arm, and wings and a tail formed off of his back.

"Daiguren Hyorinmaru!" He growled.

Ryotashio flew up to me and curled around me. I lifted my right arm, and I smiled at the scales that crawled up to my elbow.

"Surizaringu Ryotashio!" Slithering Ryotashio

"So you've completed your Bankai?" Toshiro asked.

"No. My complete Bankai has scales on both my legs and arms. This is just partially complete." I answered.

~~~

"Damn. My arm hurts."

"Your arm hurts? My arm was gnawed on by a giant ass dragon!"

Toshiro and I were laying in Squad 4 relief sector. I couldn't feel my right arm or my left leg. He had snake bites all over him.

He laughed, a sound I could never get enough of. I smiled when I looked at him.

"I can't believe you almost beat me." He muttered.

"I've told you before. I'm on a captain's level."