Baby Hitsugaya

Toshiro's P. O.V.

It's been two years since I sent Sakura to the World of the Living. Karin was watching over her for me.

"Captain!" Rangiku yelled.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Sakura sent us pictures!"

Rangiku had an envelope in her hand. I snatched it from her and opened it. I smiled at the first picture I saw. It was of Sakura before the baby was born. She had a smile on her face, and her hand was on her buldging torso. I handed it to Rangiku and went through the rest of the pictures.

"Oh! The baby looks just like you!" Rangiku yelled when she saw the picture in my hand.

Sakura was holding up a very chubby toddler on her shoulder. The toddler had white hair and bright green eyes. I flipped the picture over to see Karin's messy handwriting.

Sakura holding Hyorinmaru, age 1.

I smiled. "She named him after my zanpakuto."

"Really?"

"It seems so."

"Captain Sakura is back!" A voice yelled.

Rangiku and I looked at each other before we ran outside. Sure enough, Sakura was standing high up in the sky, Hyorinmaru in her arms. I jumped onto the wall in front of me and launched myself toward her. She smiled when she saw me.

"Toshiro!" She giggled.

Hyorinmaru looked at me when I stood in front of them. He looked at Sakura, and I smiled when he looked at me again.

"Pa.....pa." He smiled.

I gasped. Sakura lifted Hyorinmaru up onto her shoulder and laughed.

"He said mama when he was a year old." She said. "I've been teaching him papa for the past few weeks."

"How is he here? Children are born human, aren't they?" I asked.

"He was born a human. He ate one of my Soul Candies when I wasn't looking, and now he's a Soul Reaper."

Hyorinmaru pulled something off of his back and showed it to me. It was a small wooden sword. Hitsugaya was written on it.

"Why does he have that?" I asked.

"He saw mine and wanted one."

I slid my zanpakuto out of its sheath and showed it to Hyorinmaru.

"Mama named you after this sword. Did she tell you that?" I told him.

He shook his head and reached out to touch the blade. He looked at his hand when he cut it.

"Didn't I tell you not to touch swords by the blades?" Sakura muttered.

Hyorinmaru stuck his tongue out and held his other hand over his wound. I gasped when I saw him heal himself.

"He's our son. Did you expect him not to have healing abilities?" Sakura smiled.

"Why did you bring him here? Why didn't you stay with Karin?" I asked.

"About that. I actually came to give him to you. There are a shit ton of Hollows back in the World of the Living. I figured he'd be safe with you."

~~~

I stared at Hyorinmaru while he slept. I looked at my phone when it buzzed. I flicked it open and held it to my ear when I saw that it was Sakura calling.

"Hitsugaya speaking." I said.

"Toshiro!" Karin screamed.

"Karin? Where's Sakura? What's going on?"

"Sakura is dead! Some girl came and did something to her body, and now Sakura is trying to kill me! Help!"

"What does the girl look like?"

"She's short and has red hair! She said her mother was Giselle!"

"Shit! Hide! I'll be there soon!"

I snapped my phone shut, grabbed Hyorinmaru, and ran to Head Captain Yamamoto's quarters. He tilted his head when I ran in.

"Captain Hitsugaya?" He said. "Why do you have a child?"

"He's my son! I don't have time to explain! Watch him for me!"

I shoved Hyorinmaru into Chojiro's arms and took off. Rangiku, along with Ikkaku and Izuru, followed behind me. Shuhei and Rukia joined us along the way.

"Captain, why are we heading to the World of the Living?" Rangiku asked as we passed through the portal.

A loud scream echoed through the air. I growled when poison splashed onto my skin. It burned where it hit me.

"That's why." I said.

A young girl hovered in the air above Karakura Town. Beside her was a zombified Sakura. She lifted her sword and licked the blood from the blade.

"Sakura-chan?" Rukia yelled.

"She can't hear you, Silly! She can only see you! All of her friends and loved ones are her enemies now! You better run and hide!" The girl giggled.

"Who are you?" I barked.

"I'm Anastasia! You killed Mother Giselle! Now I'm gonna use your lover as a weapon against you! Destroy them, Saki!"

Sakura became nothing but a blur. She suddenly appeared in front of me, leaving me no time to react. She swung her zanpakuto toward me, and it seemed to pass right through me. I coughed up a purple liquid and fell to my knees.