Please

Toshiro's P.O.V.

I sat in a chair for three days straight. I waited for hours. She wouldn't open her eyes. She wouldn't tell me to stop staring at her. She wouldn't even move.

And then the screaming started.

Sakura seemed to be experiencing something that either scared her or made her angry. She would let out loud screams, and I would jump away from her. Keep in my that I hadn't slept, and her screaming bloody murder for some unknown reason didn't help.

"Go take a shower and sleep, Captain." Rangiku ordered when she walked into Sakura's room.

She set a vase full of white roses on the bed side table. The soft thud echoed, and I noticed that Sakura had moved slightly.

"Hold on." I whispered, looking at Rangiku. "Hit something softly."

She tapped her knuckle on the wall, and both of us gasped when Sakura squirmed.

"She can hear us!" Rangiku cheered.

"Sakura?" I muttered.

"To.....shi......" Sakura answered, her voice barely even audible.

She didn't wake up, but knowing that she could respond made me smile. She wasn't completely here yet, but I was willing to wait.

~~~

"It's been three months. Unohana-san doesn't think Sakura will ever wake up." Ikkaku muttered.

"She will." Momo answered, placing her hand on both my knee and Ikkaku's shoulder. "Sakura is strong. Her spirit energy is still strong. She isn't going to die."

Momo was right. The three of us, including the others who had grown close to Sakura, were gathered together in the middle of Seireitei.

"Who the hell are you idiots talking about?" A voice snapped.

My heart stopped. I looked at the top of the wall opposite to the one I was leaning against. Sakura stood there, arms folded over her chest, like nothing had ever happened. A smile crept onto my face.

"Sakura!"

"Saki-chan!"

"Sakura-chan!"

I got to my feet and ran toward her. I jumped into the air and landed in front of her.

"Sakura~" I sang happily.

"Toshiro~" She replied.

I pulled her close and crushed my lips against hers.

~

I screamed and sat up.

Just a dream. I thought.

I heard footsteps in the hall. My door slid open and nearly shattered into a thousand pieces. Matsumoto and Momo stood in the doorway. Momo had been staying in Sakura's room. She wanted to make sure I didn't hurt myself while Sakura was in her coma.

"Shiro-chan?" Momo whispered.

I started crying. It was the first time in years I had openly cried in front of anyone besides Sakura. Momo ran to me and hugged me.

"It's okay, Shiro-chan." She whispered. "Sakura will get better. She'll wake up."

She stayed with me until I fell asleep. I don't remember her ever leaving, and I didn't care. I needed someone to stay with me while I was in pain.

~~~

"Captain! Unohana said Sakura woke up!" Rangiku yelled.

I followed her as she ran to Squad 4. We both stopped at the door to Sakura's room. Said girl was sitting up, her legs dangling at the side of the bed. She looked directly at me when she realized we were there.

"Toshi-kun." She whispered.

I smiled and went to stand in front of her. I got on my knees and took her hands.

"You kept me waiting." I murmured.

"How long?"

"Nearly a year."

"Really?"

"Time flies when your sleeping."

I stood up straight. She slid off of the bed and tried to keep herself balanced. I wrapped my arms around her to keep her up.

"Kiss me." She pleaded.

"Why should I?" I asked, a smile plastered on my face.

"Please?"

I chuckled and kissed her gently. She locked her arms around my neck.

"Miracles do happen." Rangiku smiled, tears rolling down her cheeks.