Forced

Sakura's P.O.V.

"That's what happened?"

"Yeah. Captain Hitsugaya nearly went insane."

"MATSUMOTO!"

Rangiku laughed. I was sitting on the couch in the Squad 10 office. Toshiro was grabbing a book from one of the many shelves.

"You talk like I won't punish you." He growled, throwing the book at her. "Read that and turn in a report on it by tomorrow."

"That's not fair!" Rangiku cried.

"Do it!"

She mumbled something under he breath and stormed out of the office. I looked at Toshiro when he sat next to me.

"That was harsh even for you. I don't even think Rangiku has read a book." I said.

"I only wanted to be alone with you. She knows that." He muttered.

I looked at him. He had shadows under his eyes, and his hair was a mess.

"You should sleep." I whispered.

"I'll be fine."

"At least let me trim your hair."

He chuckled. "Fine. You can cut my hair."

~~~

"How has it not melted?"

"Hyorinmaru's ice can stay cold forever."

Toshiro was sitting in a chair. He didn't want hair all over the office floor, so we were outside. We had walked by the ice sculpture I had made a year ago. Not an once of it was melted.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Toshiro muttered.

"I used to cut Karin's hair. I'm sure yours is the same." I answered.

He growled in anger when I dumped a bucket of water on him. I easily cut his hair to its normal length by the time he wanted to hurt me. He knocked the chair over and pinned me to the ground.

"You'll pay for getting me wet!" He said.

"What are you going to do?" I whispered.

He licked his lips, an odd thing for him to do, and kissed me. I froze.

"What's wrong?" He muttered, pulling away.

"I just think it's odd. We've been together for almost seven years." I whispered.

"Why is that odd?"

"By now, a normal man would propose."

Toshiro went pale. He instantly disappeared. I laughed and sat up.

~~~

"Where's Captain Hitsugaya?" Rangiku asked.

"I cut his hair, and he ran off after that." I explained.

"Why?"

"I mentioned marriage."

Rangiku squealed and ran up to me. I almost spilled my tea on the stack of finished papers.

"Matsumoto!" I growled, sounding like Toshiro.

"You want to get married?" She yelled.

"Why does it matter? He's too busy to even propose. Back the hell off, would you?"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I would've gotten him to propose ages ago!"

She ran out of the office like a mad woman.

~~~

"Go in there and propose!"

"MATSUMOTO!"

The door opened, and Toshiro was practically shoved inside. He growled and cursed under his breath before he turned his attention on me. He was dressed in human clothes, and his hair was brushed back.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I smiled.

I stood and walked up to him. He smiled and placed a flower in my hair. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close.

"Matsumoto kind of forced me to do this after you told her about what happened." He muttered.

"I don't want you to do it if she forced you to." I answered, shoving him away.

"Huh?"

"You have to want to in order for me to agree to it! See you around, Captain!"

I walked by him and opened the office door open. I growled at Matsumoto and hit her face. She fell rather dramatically.

"I told you to stay out of it!" I growled.