Sticky Scales

Sakura's P.O.V.

Toshiro suddenly stopped moving after we landed. I sat up and looked at him. His eyes were closed, and his arm was laid out beside him. The stupid little box was clutched in his hand. I took it from him and set it aside.

"Toshi!" I cried, shaking him.

His hair fell over his eyes. I laid my head on his chest, and I could hear the small sound of his beating heart. I shook him again when I sat up.

"Toshi, please wake up." I pleaded.

The people who made him blush gathered around us.

"Ew! What's that on her arm?" A child screamed, pointing at my scales.

"So you aren't scared that I crushed a damn rock without trying or that my boyfriend could be fucking dying? You're scared because I have snake scales stuck to my skin?" I growled.

"Don't talk to my child that way!" A woman growled.

"Don't talk to me like you know everything! I'm sitting here worrying about the man I love and your little brat is worried about why I have scaled? Teach your brat how to respect elders!"

"You aren't even that much older than her!"

I got in the woman's face. "I'm 189!"

"Saku.....ra....." Toshiro muttered.

I froze and looked at him. He was trying to sit up. I immediately went to his side and helped him.

"Take me to Ichigo's." He whispered.

I grabbed the box and held it out to him. He took it, and I lifted him up into my arms.

~~~

"Where'd you put the ring?"

"Hm?"

Toshiro was laying on Ichigo's bed. I had gone downstairs to get him some food, and when I returned, he was waiting for me.

"Sakura, give me your hand." He muttered.

I did what he said, and he smiled when he saw the ring on my finger. I sat in his lap.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you, too." He mumbled.

He pulled me closer and moved my hair away from my neck. He laid his hand on my neck and licked his lips.

"Can I kiss you now?" He asked.

"If you want to."

His lips brushed against mine. A shiver ran down my spine. I knotted my fingers in his hair.

"I don't think we should take it too far. We're on Ichigo's bed." He muttered.

"Dammit."

~3 years later~

"Toshi! Where are you hiding?"

"Im not hiding! Open your eyes for once, Sakura!"

I giggled and hugged Toshiro from behind. He laughed, and both of our rings shined in the light that filtered through the window.

"Sakura, shouldn't you be resting? You just got back from a mission." He smiled.

"I'm not gonna go anywhere." I answered, pouting. "Have you no faith in me, Toshi?"

"The last time you were put on bed rest, you disappeared."

"I didn't get that far!"

"No, you didn't. You came back and complained about your lower body hurting."

"It's your fault."

He froze, and I realized that Rangiku was in the room. She gagged when I looked at her. I held onto Toshiro tighter.

"What? It's not a secret! You even complained about the noise!" I said.

"Shut up already!"

~~~

"So how come there aren't any little Hitsugayas running around?"

"Karin, I'm not going to discuss this with you."

"Oh, come on! He's sexy as hell! You should at least want to have his kids!"

"Karin! Enough already!"

"And what exactly are you two yelling about?"

A pair of hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who~" He whispered in my ear.

"Hm......Toshi!" I giggled.

He chuckled and sat next to me. He looked at my hand, most likely checking for scales, before sliding his fingers between mine.

"Sakura, there's something on your face." Karin muttered.

Toshiro reached up and peeled away a single scale.

"How long have you been in that gigai without bathing?" He asked.

"About a day." I answered.

"Your skin is starting to dry."

"What happens when her skin is dry?" Karin asked.

"Sakura has a snake spirit in her zanpakuto when she's a Soul Reaper. When she uses her bankai, she gets covered in scales. Here in the World of the Living, if she goes too long without bathing or being in any kind of contact with water, her skin dries and turns to scales." He explained.

"Gross!"

"Try living with it." Toshiro and I said together.

I blushed, and he smirked.