Chapter 79: Goodbye Stella

Marvolo Apparated then, ruining the moment with his cowardice. Determination was heavy in Ominis' heart. He had to save Sebastian from that Hell. He deserved to live his life now-he'd more than learned from the consequences of his actions.

His brother had Apparated them back to the Gaunt Manor, but Ominis didn't intend on staying. Marvolo didn't want him saying either, "Go. Quick. Before Father and I decide to take those gloves off and punish you for embarrassing the Gaunt family."

Incorrigible moron. The public wouldn't know about Ominis Gaunt's one way trip to Azkaban. Spavin was keeping it a secret.

Marvolo wasn't done running his mouth, "Off to the cursed portal with you."

"Why do you keep calling it the cursed portal?"

For once, Marvolo knew something he didn't. It pissed him off.

A wry grin fell upon his brother's lips. "Eden, Salazar, and I overheard the Weasley fellow talking to one of the Unspeakables when we were stealing back your wand. It's the reason why the Department of Mysteries is looking into other ways of time travel." His grin grew, seeing aggravation flash through Ominis' eyes despite occluding, "The portal they sent Stella through cursed her just as it'll curse you. Once you go through it and reach your destination, you'll never be able to travel through time again. It puts a curse on your body so that if you try to come back or do any sort of time travel... You die."

The grief was immediate and he'd have preferred to be crucio-d. He had to choose.

Go to the future, be with Stella, and help her save her mother.

Or...

Stay in the past, be with Eden, and help save Sebastian.

Ominis Apparated to his bedroom, sinking to his knees. He felt crippled by the weight of the decision he had to make. His breathing was uneven and his heart felt torn again. How did someone choose between the love of their life and their family?

Chapter 79: Goodbye, Stella.

OMINIS' POV

'Ominis' Eden cooed gently, unfurling herself from his shoulders and placing herself in front of him. 'We knew this was coming.'

He didn't look at her. He sat back, no longer caring about the scuffs on his shoes. He looked at his palms, letting his wand fall to the ground beside him. It's not as if he has the time to do both. What if the Aurors located him and put him back in solitary confinement before he could get to Lower Hogsfield? He had to choose.

There also was no we... Or was there? He'd made a decision, hadn't he?

"I told her already that I wasn't intending on going to the future." An uncomfortable lump in his throat formed and he felt the hole in his heart becoming a permanent fixture, "I told her that I wasn't planning on giving her the relic, either. We did know this was coming."

'You're a stubborn idiot, little one.' Eden sighed loudly, shaking her head as she rose up on her belly to look him eye to eye, 'Stella needs you. She deserves her memories back.'

"And I don't want to leave you. Sebastian deserves to be free. I can't do that if I'm almost 130 years into the future when you're both dust and shadows." Ominis argued angrily, "I just promised him that I would save him. If I don't free him, he doesn't write those journals and he doesn't have a family to pass those down. If Stella came here to the past, then it's proof that I stayed here to make sure it happened."