Chapter 77: The Life Sentence

His lip curled up and Ominis let loose fiendfyre that swarmed around them. It was like a protective shield that the basilisk created, but he had such a control over the dark arts that she wasn't burned by his fire.

"Ominis what are you-"

Her words were cut off as Ominis' lips crashed against hers. It was desperate. It was more agonizing than if the fiendfyre had consumed her soul. He had to pull away though because even now there were Unspeakables and Aurors trying to contain his spell-work.

"We don't have much time." He said, his breath fanning across her lips, "The prophecy will come true."

Stella nodded, feeling the tears well up. "Then is this it? I forget you and lose my mother? Eden-I don't remember anything?'

Ominis shook his head, tapping her chin. "Do you believe me so incompetent?"

"What do you intend to do-"

"The sensible thing of course. Undoing the blood magic will have its price. You'll never be able to speak to Eden ever again." Ominis informed her as he took the vial of blood out and pointed his wand at it, "Say your goodbye quickly."

Stella's throat closed up as Eden's head turned to her. Her tongue flickered out, 'Do not cry, my human. We will find a way to be together again.'

First Tobbs. Now Eden. Now... As Ominis casted the spell, she felt a cord snap somewhere within her. All that came from Eden now was a hiss and a glance in Ominis' direction. She followed her gaze to see Ominis' wand was now pointed at her temple.

Stella realized a couple things in that split second.

One. Ominis intended to steal her memories of the 19th century before the Unspeakables could.

Two. He'd finally learned how to cry. Because a single tear rolled down his cheek as he said, "Don't worry, princess. I'll save you again." And he pressed his lips against her forehead before saying, "Obliviscere."

Stella collapsed, but two arms caught her. An embrace-in the haze of her mind-that she did not recognize. The whispered, "I love you." Was also unfamiliar.

Chapter 77: The Life Sentence

OMINIS' POV

He was bound to the ground with multiple incarcerous spells while Eden was beside him, baring his fangs and ready to strike at anyone that came near him.

"Go to Gaunt Manor. Have Salazar help you. I think he knows how to get into Azkaban if he went with my father to see Sebastian." Speaking in Parseltongue, Ominis didn't look at her as he stared at the love of his life in an Unspeakable's grasp. He was holding her bridal style and without a look in his direction, the bastard Disapparated away with her.

There wasn't a word that could adequately describe what he was feeling. When Orpheus married the love of his life only for her to be bitten by a viper on their wedding day and perished, is this how he felt?

This grief?

This fear of never seeing her again?

This intangible feeling of his heart being ripped in two threatened to ruin him.

"Don't struggle, the ropes tighten if you do." Singer mused, "but you knew that, didn't you?"

Eden had already fled and that was another concern of his, but she was smart and dangerous. Unlike his Princess right now who was vulnerable and unconscious. The Unspeakables would find out that her memories of the 19th century were gone and have no reason to keep her. They'd send her back to the future as planned.