22

Jennie's POV

"Wow! Your excuse is expensive."

"Well, you can say that." still chuckling.
"Before I decided to build this I thought about you and what you're going to be dealing with here. I know that once you are officially out to the public, your privacy will be so much at risk. You know how protective I am to you right? And I don't know how I could do that thousand miles away from here. So I thought of this, a place you can stay without worrying about your privacy being invaded. But not being a prisoner as well."  She moved closer to her monitor and pointed at some properties in the village plan.

"So here we have a commercial building that is also handled by us as the developer. We have some basic stores like a 24/7 supermarket, restaurant,  snack bars that offer various snacks, they even offer street food, coffee shop, bake shop, flower shop, stationery, bookstore, indoor playground etc. It even has a help desk to help residents to buy things that are not in the building or do things for them but of course for a fee. We opened this and hired people  from your mom's charity and it basically offers jobs to people who are in need. All the employees here signed an NDA to protect everyone who lives here." I am totally amazed from what I'm hearing already. Her ideas never fail to amaze me.

"If you're curious as well with the security, I kind of used my connections in the army and I self study a little bit of programming so I would know the ins and outs in here. I don't want to do things that I am completely clueless about, you know that right. But to assure everyone, I hired the best people to do the job. I chose them myself. And they also have an NDA." She nodded satisfiedly. "These are basically why this subdivision became exclusive and became expensive. Rich people are dying to own a house here. But not everyone can buy a house here even though they can afford it. We are serious about background checking to those people who will step foot in here. Even visitors have to be checked thoroughly. So please warn your friends, though I already informed the security, they will still do the basic checking."

"And Jennie, this house, please treat this as yours. I won't be here most of the time. And the reason that this thing is built is because of you, so treat this as your home. Your place to escape when everything is getting tough. I have someone who I entrusted this house with for maintenance. I will give her contact information and duplicate keys later." She stopped and looked at me seriously, "You can bring your friends here but I have a favor to ask."

"All of it is too much for me to take in. But what is it?" I asked.

"Don't bring a boyfriend here. Please?" She pleaded.

I suddenly coughed from her straight forwardness, "Hey! What do you think of me? and why would I bring one here?"

"It's just a favor, I hope you won't take it bad. Please?"

"But of course! There is no way I am bringing one here." I said but in fact what I wanted to say is that I don't need to bring one because if ever I will be in a relationship I wanted it to be her, and she is already the owner of the house.

"Thank you Jennie, it means a lot to me." She leaned closer to me and kissed me on my forehead.

I can feel my face reddening from the kiss.  "I respect you a lot as a person and so I should respect your home.So don't worry about it."

She nodded. "Let's go prepare breakfast?"

"Are you done with your work?" I asked.

"Yes! Thank you for asking. Now my time is all yours. Let's go!" She said and pulled me to go to the kitchen.