𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

𝐉𝐔𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐁𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒, some were about rumors that were around and some was about karate. She still kept on her signature smile while answering them as well. 

"Ms. Hamada! Ms. Hamada!" The woman looked at the person who was calling her name, and it was a man with a camera with a microphone attached to it. "How is your relationship status with Ken Sato? Knowing that you know he came back to his country for baseball and knowing that he is a famous all-star athlete as well like you, how would you guys be acquainted?"

Jun widened her eyes slightly as she heard his name, but quickly shook her head. She continued to smile, leaning into the microphone, knowing exactly how to answer. "I'm sorry, but this meeting and interview is all about karate and I, not about my personal relationships with other people." She still kept on her smile, however deep down, she didn't want this interaction to continue on.

Jun started to cut off contact with Ken once he became a famous all-star athlete and didn't have any time anymore to talk after high school. Yeah, she was upset that she had to do that, but she was still so attached to him that she couldn't be in the way of him following his dream career. The woman also cut off all contact with her other friends in childhood, who don't seem to care now, and her mom.

That's when Jun started entering championships for Japan, making her well-known and famous for her karate skills and professionalism in the martial art. 

"Next question, please!" Everybody was raising their hands and yelling for Jun to pick them, the athlete's eyes landed on a lady and she nodded her head at her. The woman stood up, "So, Ms. Hamada, we all have heard about rumors about that you were best friends with Ken Sato when you guys were younger and that's how you both got popular, is that true?" She asked, everybody waiting patiently for the champion to answer the question.

Jun was about to answer but quickly realized if she said 'yes', everyone in Japan would question her and him about their relationship, which knowing they would get tired of it if that happened.

She got a ding on her phone, to which the woman looked at and noticed a very familiar name pop up on her phone. Kenji... Jun thought as she got up and looked up to scan the crowd, but didn't notice the baseball player. She shook her head and smiled to the audience, putting on her fake facade on for the fans.

"It's been a pleasure speaking to you guys, and I hope you are excited for my next championship match for Japan!" Jun ended as she swung her bag over her shoulder, "Much love!" She blew a kiss into the audience before waving goodbye. The audience cheered and clapped, not noticing the athlete's fake cover she put on.

Jun quickly exited the stage, walking fast to the door that enters into the hallway she was in and instantly closed the door once she was in the empty space. She exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding and walked down the hallway to the front entrance, getting out her phone to look at the text message she got during the conference meeting.

Kenny!!⚾️

nice interview, but you know you could've just said yes to the last question right?

Read 8:45 PM

look behind you

Read 8:48

Jun rose an eyebrow at the text and turned around, still looking at her phone. She slowly looked up, her eyes going wide. It was Ken Sato, Jun's best friend ever since. He had on his motorcycle jacket, which had the number 7 on with a white shirt underneath that is said in bold letters 'ICON' and some black pants on as well.

The woman slightly gasped, her fake facade fading away as she continued to look at Ken. 

"Kenny...?"

The man sweetly smiled at her, "Hey, Junny." He hesitated to say as he shoved his phone back in his jacket pocket. Jun started to tear up as she clasped her hands over her mouth, not believing what she was seeing.

Ken, expecting some sort of scolding from her for cutting off his contact from her, was surprised to see that she started crying. He wasn't also expecting her to run up to him and embrace him with a tight hug, once he registered what was happening, he instantly wrapped his arms around her.

Jun continued to cry in his arms, Ken rubbing her back tenderly to comfort her. Once the woman calmed down, she pulled away, to which Ken silently pouted at but shook it off. "W-Wait, how'd you even find me?" She asked with a shaky voice, trying to wipe her tears with her jacket. Ken chuckled, the slight laugh making his voice sound husky.

"Come on, I'm not the only famous person here in Odaiba who has conference meetings and meet and greets with interviewers and fans." He replied as he placed a hand on her cheek, wiping a tear that escaped her eye. "I also just got done with my own conference meeting with the interviewers and fans, so I decided to come over here to...you know, say hi."

The woman shook her head as more tears started falling, "You don't know how much I've waited for you to come back to me with that same smile on your face." She smiled as she grabbed a handkerchief from her bag to wipe her eyes with. Ken sighed and grimaced once she said that, his eyebrows furrowing sadly.

"I'm so sorry, Jun, for not being there for you and for cutting off contact after graduation. I...I was just dealing with a bunch of stuff—" Jun sighed and shook her head, wrapping her arms around him again to make him stop talking. 

"It's fine, Kenny. As long as you're here, I'm happy." She softly interrupted, resting her cheek against his shoulder. Ken smiled, grateful for his best friend's response. He hugged back tightly, his head resting against hers. 

The two best friends were happy to be reunited again. They were grateful they had seen each other again after ten whole years. Ken and Jun continued to hug one another, both of their embraces comforting both of them deeply. The moment only lasted for a few minutes until a sound came from Ken's watch, making them both pull away, much to their dismay.

The man looked at his watch, the beeping sound repeating. "Neronga is attacking Akihabara." A familiar voice spoke through Ken's watch, the athlete groaned. "Ah, crap." He mumbled, Jun hummed and crossed her arms. 

"Still Ultraman, I see. After all these years." She playfully commented, Ken looked at her with a smile on his face. "Yup. Surprise, surprise!" He teased. Jun laughed, remembering those heartfelt moments from when they were both younger. She cheekily smiled, a sincere expression shown on her face. 

"Go get 'em, Ultraman. Be safe. And also tell Mina I said hi. Oh, yeah! And start texting and calling me more." The man had a pink tint on his cheeks, but shook it off. "I will, Junny." He nodded, feeling butterflies in his stomach.

"Wait...how'd you get inside the press conference without getting noticed?"

"That's something that only you and I should know."