𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, he smirked. "Getting confident, huh?" Ken teased, "I've been confident, sweetheart." She retorted back. The man playfully bumped his shoulder against hers, making her let out a toothy smile. "Okay, you flirt. Come on, let's go in. I'm hungry." He grinned, dragging her along. "Right with you." She replied as she started walking next to him, both their hands still clasped together.

The two walked into the cafe, the familiar smell filling their noses. It was just a small little family-owned cafe, so it felt super homey to them two. They walked up to the counter, scanning around the place with wide smiles on both their faces. A person then walked out of the kitchen and didn't noticed the two best friends at the register. "The Thai tea has to be done now, hunny!" The elderly lady exclaimed, making Jun look forward and widen her eyes.

"Mrs. Nakayama!" The lady turned around as she glanced at the two, a smile curling up on her lips, noticing the adults instantly. "Ah! Little Junny and little Kenny! Long time, no see." Nakayama laughed, Ken turned his head to look at the woman from guiding his eyes around the cafe. He grinned, "Hey, Mrs. Nakayama." The owner of the cafe stepped towards the counter more.

She brought her hands up and cupped one of their cheeks, squeezing them with her thumb and index finger slightly. "My goodness! You guys have grown up!" Nakayama smiled, she turned to look at Jun. "You are so beautiful, and your hair has grown out so much!" She complimented as the karate star blushed slightly at the comment. "Thank you!" She giggled. The elderly woman then glanced at Ken, "And you. You are so handsome! So tall." She patted his shoulder. 

Nakayama was a grandma who owned the cafe with her family working in it. She was short compared to the two best friends, and that cute smile on her face never failed to brighten up their day in the past. She had her hair put up in a matcha colored claw clip and a floral ankle-length dress on.

Ken chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. "Thanks." The shorter lady sweetly laughed, now looking at the both of them. "You guys must be hungry! What would you guys like to have?" The baseball player and glanced at Jun, smiling at her and nodding towards Nakayama. The woman smiled back and looked at the elderly woman, "May I please have omurice, miso soup, and a Thai iced tea, please?" Jun asked. "Of course, of course. And you, Ken?" Nakayama replied as she typed on the screen of the cash register.

"A matcha tea and tonkatsu ramen, please." Ken smiled, taking out his wallet to pay. "Alright! That's all for today, yes?" The lady questioned, Jun nodded as the baseball player gave his card to Nakayama. She gladly accepted it and tapped the card onto the screen.

"So, Jun, are you still doing karate?" The woman nodded, "Yes! I'm trying to focus on this championship that's later in the year, so I'm practicing a lot." She replied. "That's wonderful, Jun! How about you, Ken? Still doing baseball?" The man chuckled, "Yes, ma'am. I moved back here in Odaiba from LA for the games." 

"Oh, that's wonderful!" She gave the card back to Ken as she printed out a receipt. Nakayama gave the small paper to Jun, to which she grabbed out of her hands gently. "There you go, sweethearts. Your meals will be ready in a little bit." Jun bowed her head at her, "Thank you, Mrs. Nakayama!" The lady laughed. "Of course! Now, now, go sit! Food will be ready."

The two obeyed and walked to a table that was next to a window. Ken took his hand out of Jun's and quickly pulled out the seat for her, making her chuckle slightly at him and mumble a 'thank you' as she sat down. The baseball player made it to the other side of the table and sat in his chair.

"So, after this, what are we going to do next?" Jun asked as she took off her cardigan, draping it over the chair. The man grinned, "It'll be a surprise. You're gonna love it." He replied. "I bet I will. Anywhere you take me, I'll be happy, Ken. Don't worry." The karate star giggled slightly, her signature warm smile still plastered on her face. Ken sighed in relief dramatically, "Phew! Good! I was worried there." He joked as he laughed slightly, Jun following along.