𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑, Jun was holding Ken's hand as she squeezed it firmly to reassure him. They arrived at the door, Ken a bit hesitant to open it, but Jun gave him a gentle smile that told him 'you got this'. He exhaled a breath and opened the door, he smiled nervously as he ran a hand through his hair. Meanwhile, Jun was behind him and the door, completely unseen from Professor Sato, and not holding his hand anymore.

"Dad, hey. Hey, what's up?" He chucked lightly in a nervous tone, leaning his elbow on the door frame while slightly closing the door with his other hand. "How about that game tonight?" Ken asked a few seconds later, still grinning lopsidedly. 

Professor Sato sighed out of relief, ignoring the question. "Oh, thank God. You're okay?" He asked as he stepped closer to the door, "Yeah, you know, I'm, uh...good." Ken stated as he gestured to himself, still holding onto the door. "It was a tough battle." The baseball player reasoned, resting his free hand on his shoulder as he rolled it a bit. "I'm a little sore, still recovering, but—" The man stopped talking as he heard the baby kaiju screech loudly in the house, making the older man raised an eyebrow concernedly.

Ken whipped his head to look at Jun, who shrugged her shoulders at him. She then waved it off, "It's okay! Just keep talking to him, don't let him be skeptical. I'm sure Mina is fine taking care of the child." The woman whispered quietly before Ken turned his head forward to look at his dad.

"What was that?" Professor Sato asked, slightly peering behind his son to see who, or what made that noise. "Um..." The man trailed off, trying to think of a lie. "Uh, you know, it's..." The room behind the all-star athlete then started changing colors, dance music playing the background as it looked like a party was happening inside the home. Ken glanced behind him a little. Jun face palmed herself as she gritted her teeth.

"Uh...That's the...The party downstairs." Ken pointed with his thumb, aiming it towards the ground as he smiled mentally in success. The older Sato's face turned into a furious one, "The most magnificent creature on Earth has died." He stepped closer to his son. "The last of its kind. And you throw a party?" His voice raised slightly at the last sentence.

This made Ken furrow his eyebrows angrily, his face scrunching up as he stepped outside. Jun noticed this and sighed, wondering if she should butt in or not. She shook her head, No, Jun...It's their business, don't interfere with them. The woman thought indecisively as she tried to drain out the conversation.

"That magnificent creature nearly took Jun's and I's heads off, Dad." Professor Sato's eyes doubled at the mention of the familiar name, stepping back as Ken stepped forwards him menacingly. "Jun?" The karate star frowned deeper at the voice the older Sato said with when he asked her name. The baseball player scoffed. "Yeah, I came back to her and she came back to me, but you didn't even notice. She almost got hurt during the battle, too." He mumbled the last part as anger boiled inside him, he sighed through his nose.

"And we've barely seen you in twenty years." Ken paused, "You chose this city and literal monsters over us." He gestured to himself. The older man shook his head, "No." He replied. "Then you get hurt, can't hack it anymore, and I get to come back and clean up the mess you made as, Da, da, da, da!  Ultraman, which I only did because Mom begged me." It then started to rain, making the atmosphere feel more dark and sad.

Ken continued to walk towards his dad, the original Ultraman backing away with a confused look on his face. "And you're more worried about the monster." He smiled sarcastically, "Classic." Ken breathed out. The elderly man grimaced, "No. I only wanted to...protect you." He hesitated. The baseball star now frowned, "But you didn't." He shot back. "You didn't even pay attention." The man simpered, his dad's eyes softening.

"Be honest. When Mom disappeared, did you even look for her?"

A uncomfortable silence filled in between them, the tension so thick you can cut it in half. The dad only furrowed his eyebrows, "We share the pain of her loss, Kenji, Jun also." He included. "I will leave you alone." The older man slowly turned around, moving his crutch as he carefully walked to his car.

Ken stared at him with a solemn look on his face. The door shut, engine starting as the car drove off. The man's eyes followed the car, sighing as he closed his eyes. "Dang it, Ken." He murmured, looking down. The baby kaiju then was heard, whining. Jun peeked through the door, opening it a little as she stepped outside in the cold rain. 

She rubbed her arms slightly, walking up to her best friend. She then stood beside him, not saying anything. The woman's lips became a thin line, sighing as she glanced up at Ken.

"I heard everything..." She started, placing her hand delicately on his bicep. "Are you—" Jun stopped her sentence as she was instantly pulled in close for a hug. Ken had his arms tightly wrapped around Jun's torso, hiding half of his face into her shoulder. The karate athlete only nodded her head, hugging the man closely. 

The two stayed silent, Jun rubbing his back gently as the sound of the rain relaxed them both. He tightened his hold onto her. After a few seconds later, the infant kaiju began to whine again. The woman sighed as she pulled away from him, her hands resting on the side of his shoulders. "Are you alright?" She asked softly, Ken pouting slightly in dismay as she pulled her body away from his. 

"Yeah, thanks, Junny." He smiled slightly, which made Jun smile back. "Of course, Kenny." She replied, trying to keep her cheeks not red. The kaiju whined again, making the karate athlete chuckle. "Well, I guess we have to have to check on her." She commented as she referred to the creature, crossing her arms. Ken sighed, "Yup. Let's quiet her down. I'm swamped from today." Jun nodded in agreement, now again caressing her lower back with her hand.

Before they both moved, Ken rose a brow at his best friend doing that. "Is something bothering you on your back? You've been rubbing it after the battle." He pointed out, the woman tried to make up an excuse, but only sighed through her mouth tiredly. "Yeah, I just hurt it when I fell into the water, but I'm fine." The man only stepped closer to her, leaning close to her face.

"Are you sure?" He asked lowly, Jun now blushing furiously as her breath got caught in her throat. She was so grateful that it was dark outside, so he couldn't see her cheeks. "Y-Yeah, I'll just put ice on it when we get inside." The woman nervously laughed as she reasoned. Ken only smirked, relieved that she was fine and how he got the reaction he wanted from her.

"Okay, then, come on." He laughed, turning around to walk towards the door. Jun groaned quietly, flustered as she followed behind him. She hit his chest with the back of her hand playfully once she caught up with him, "You're not funny." She jokingly commented as she shook her head with a small grin on her lips as well. 

Ken grinned at her as they both stepped into the house. "That expression on your face says otherwise, Junny." He teased as they laughed at each other, Ken closing the front door gently before the both of them walked towards the tube-like elevator, going downstairs to check on the baby.