𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐆𝐄

𝐉𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐊𝐔𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑, the athlete in her joggers with a clean black tank top on after changing out of her gi. They were on their way to Ken's house, which confused both the driver and Kumiko but didn't say anything about it. Jun held her ice pack against her swollen eye, making her groan softly. Even if it didn't look like it, Kumiko was thinking of how the karate champion, the woman who won a ton of  championships, medals, and trophies, could ever loose a simple tournament.

Meanwhile with Jun, she was upset. I mean, yeah, sure, it was a tournament only and not a championship tournament. But she absolutely hated how vulnerable and weak she looked when she was on the mat. The black hair woman only sighed irritatedly at the thought and looked out the dark tinted window, staring at the buildings that pasted by.

The radio in the car was on, the baseball game Ken was in was playing on it as the commentator talked. "And there's another strike. Sato just looks exhausted." Jun's ears perked up at her best friend's name as she continued to listen intently to the game. "And now it looks like there are words being exchanged between Sato and the Swallows catcher. Oh! Oh, no." The man gasped.

"We haven't seen a brawl like this in a long time! Both benches are cleared. They're throwing punches..."  After hearing that, Jun sighed softly as she closed her eyes. Well, now I know how Ken's day and game went. She thought.

With Kumiko, she fiddled with her sleeves, kind of nervous to ask the question she was about to ask her boss. She just exhaled a breath and glanced at Jun, "Ms. Hamada, may I ask you something?" Jun only hummed. "Go on." She murmured, waiting for the assistant to ask her question. 

"What's going on? Usually at tournaments, you're more hyped up and energetic than...this." The woman gestured to Jun, "And you never, ever loose these events, so what happened out there?" Kumiko finished her question. The karate athlete slowly turned her head to look at her, "Everything's fine, Kumiko. I'm just...tired, okay? I've had a long day..." Jun assured as she grimaced deeper.

The assistant didn't argue and only nodded her head, not wanting to make her even more furious than she already was. 

After a few more minutes of driving, the personal driver pressed on the brakes, stopping the car in front of Ken's house. Jun pushed her door opened, her foot stepping out as she exited the car. Kumiko did the same, walking to the trunk to get the karate athlete's equipment. Once getting out Jun's karate bag which had her gear and her gi in it, she handed to the woman. 

Jun grabbed it gently with her free hand, her other one still holding the pack to her temple. "Thanks." She mumbled to Kumiko who just bowed her head slightly, the trunk door closing automatically. Before the athlete went to turn around, her assistant spoke. "Hamada," Jun looked at her, "if you need anything, call me." Kumiko stoically said. 

The woman only nodded with a small smile on her face, before turning away and walking towards the front door of the home. She swung the bag over her shoulder and took out her keys that Ken gave her for the house, putting it into the lock and twisted it, unlocking the door.

Jun pushed the door open, limping slightly into the house. She dropped her bag onto the floor, closing the door as she took off her shoes to put on her slippers. While doing that she put her keys into her pocket, hearing a TV on. The woman stepped more into the house, looking over a wall to see a tub with someone in it, watching the baseball game that happened today.

The karate all star knew who it was and sighed, slowly limping towards the bathtub. "They're throwing punches..." Ken winced as he put a cold can of beer against his cheek, the coldness making sting slightly. Jun watched the screen, frowning as she watched the Swallows catcher and Ken fight. "You too, huh?" She asked as she stepped towards her best friend, Ken whipped his head to look at her.