Chapter 12

Ava POV
TRIGGER WARNING: mention of R

While I was cooking, I heard the door open to Maya's house and Marcus and Liz walked in already arguing about how Marcus almost ran a dog over.
"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry Liz? He ran out and I tried to stop as fast as I could!"

"You should've been paying attention dumbass!"

"Uh hey guys." I said awkwardly.

"Hi V!" They said in unison.

I laugh. "You guys!" I yelled. "Maya is working, keep it down please." I said quieter.

"Sorry." They said in unison again.

"What are you cooking?" Liz says dropping her bag and coming to the kitchen.

"Rigatoni." I say awkwardly.

Liz turns to me with a knowing look. "What the hell did you do?" She said with her hands on her hip.

"I didn't do anything." I shrugged and said unconvincingly.

"So why are you making Maya's favorite food? You only do that when she asks for it or when she's pissed." She said with furrowed brows.

Marcus looks at me with wide eyes. "Um, I might've suggested to Maya that I kill Autumn's ex."

Liz's eyes widened and she starts walking towards me. "What?!"

"Hell yeah!"

Marcus and Liz say together. Liz gets to my face and slaps me causing my face to turn to the right. "Are you dumb?!"

"Can you not be so violent? You don't hit soft." I say frowning.

"I told you she'd slap you." Maya said walking out her office and into the kitchen with a big smile on her face.

"Yeah thanks for the warning." I said annoyed.

"You told her that's a dumb idea right?" Liz asked and Maya nodded.

"So don't get any ideas Marcus. And no mentioning it either." Maya said pointing to Marcus and I. I tilt my head in confusion.

"Why not?" Marcus asked. 

The doorbell interrupts Maya's explanation. Marcus went to open the door. "Well hey there gorgeous." What the fuck?! I turn to Maya with a confused look as Autumn walks through the door nervously.

"Hey guys. Thanks for inviting me Maya." Autumn said and her eyes glanced at me for a second and then back to the group.

"No problem Autumn, you're part of this group now. We are just going to chill and talk." Maya says with a shrug and smile.

"Maya, can I talk to you?" I say grabbing her arm not giving her a chance to reply.
When we make it to her office, I closed the door and let her arm go.

"What V?!"

"What? You're asking me what? Maya, why would you invite her?"

"I invited her because she's our friend. I don't care about your little fit! I wasn't going to uninvite her. That would be rude." She said, crossing her arms.

"This hang session was supposed to talk to everyone about New York M!"

"And why can't it still be? Do you not want her to know?" She said, confused.

"No, because she'll tell my mom."

Maya's eyes widened in anger. Shit. "You didn't tell Miranda? Are you out of your mind?" She said getting in my face pushing me against the door.