Part 25

As the night settles in, Steph, Ellie and Hayley move inside to find a comfortable spot to rest. They gather in the living room, Steph nestled between Ellie and Hayley on the couch. The warmth and security of their presence helps to ease Steph's mind.

Ellie: (softly) Is there anything we can do to make you feel more comfortable, Steph.

Steph: (voice trembling) Just being here with me...it means a lot. Thank you.

Hayley and Ellie exchange a glance, both determined to support Steph through her struggles. They know she needs their compassion and understanding right now.

Hayley: (reassuringly) We're here for you, Steph. Whatever you need, just let us know.

Steph nods, appreciating their words. She takes a deep breath and leans back, her head resting on Ellie's shoulder. Ellie gently wraps her arm around Steph, offering her a soft soothing touch.

Hayley: (gently) Have you eaten anything tonight, Steph? We can make you something.

Steph: (shaking her head) I'm not really hungry...

Ellie: (encouraging) That's okay. Just let us know if you change your mind. We're here to help you in any way we can.

As the three of them sit together, the door to the living room opens, and Caitlin peeks inside. She sees the comforting scene before her and smiles. She's relieved that Steph has the support of both Ellie and Hayley.

Caitlin: (softly) Is everything okay in here?

Ellie and Hayley nod, indicating that they have things under control. Caitlin offers a grateful smile and steps back, allowing the trio to have their time together.

As the night progressed, the three of them share quiet moments of conversation, laughter and tears. Steph feels the weight of the day's events slowly begin to lift as she finds solace in the presence of her friends.

Hayley suggests they watch a comforting movie to help take Steph's mind off the troubling messages she received earlier. The three of them settle in to watch the movie, snuggled under blankets and surrounded by supportive friends. Though the night may have started with pain and heartache, it slowly transforms into a night of healing and togetherness. Steph knows she is not alone and that she has the love and support of those around her.

A few days later the group gathers outside for a movie night, hoping to unwind and relax together after the recent events. They set up a projector and a screen, creating a cozy outdoor theatre with comfortable seating and blankets. As the movie begins, the atmosphere is filled with laughter and lighthearted conversation, but not everyone feels at ease.

Charli is noticeably quiet and withdrawn. Despite the festive setting and the presence of her friends, she remains consumed by her insecurities and the weight of the situation with Steph and her own challenges. Her thoughts swirl, and she struggles to engage with the movie and her friends.

Unable to shake her worries, Charli eventually excuses herself from the gathering and heads into the house. Kyra, sensing that something might be bothering her girlfriend, watches her go and decides to check on her a few moments later.

Kyra finds Charli in the bathroom, the door closed and locked. She gently knocks on the door, her voice soft and concerned.

Kyra: (softly) Charli, can you come out? It's me, Kyra.

There's no immediate response from Charli. Kyra waits a moment, trying to be patient. When she hears no reply, she knocks again, more firmly this time.

Kyra: (gently) Charli, please talk to me. I'm here for you. You do t have to go through this alone.

Despite her gentle approach, Kyra receives no answer. She continues to try and coax Charli out, but Charli remains silent on the other side of the door.

Meanwhile Steph, Ellie and Hayley join the movie night outside, hoping to bring a sense of normalcy and support to the group. They notice Kyra's struggle with Charli and quickly offer their assistance.

Hayley volunteers to try speaking with Charli. She approaches the bathroom door and begins whispering kind words to Charli, hoping to reach her where Kyra could not.

Hayley: (softly) Charli, it's Hayley. I'm here for you. Can you open the door for me?

Kyra steps back, giving Hayley the space to work her magic. Hayley continues to whisper encouraging words, letting Charli know she is not alone and offering her support.

After several minutes, Charli finally unlocks the door and emerges from the bathroom. Hayley gently guides her back inside, whispering words of comfort to help her regain her composure.

When Charli sees Kyra she goes back inside the bathroom. As Kyra watches Hayley calm and supportive approach with Charli, she realises that giving Charli some space might be the best course of action. Hayley turns to Kyra and gives her a reassuring nod, signaling that Kyra should return outside and give them privacy. Kyra understands and heads back outside, leaving Charli and Hayley alone for the moment.

Hayley stands patiently outside the bathroom door, whispering words of encouragement and comfort to Charli. The muffled sound of Hayley's soothing voice continues as she reassures Charli that she is not alone and that she is there to support her.

After several minutes of speaking gently to Charli through the door, Hayley's persistence begins to pay off. Charli slowly unlocks the door and opens it just a crack. Hayley's expression softens as she sees Charli's anxious eyes peeking through the narrow opening.

Hayley: (smiling warmly) Thank you for opening the door, Charli. Can I come in?

Charli hesitates for a moment, but then nods and steps back, allowing Hayley to enter the bathroom. Hayley closes the door gently behind her, giving them a moment of privacy.

Once inside, Hayley offers Charli a reassuring smile and opens her arms for a hug. Charli hesitates but then steps forward, letting Hayley wrap her in a comforting embrace.

Hayley: (softly) You're doing so well, Charli. I'm so proud of you for opening the door. We're all here for you, and you don't have to go through this alone.

Charli: (voice shaking) Thank you, Hayley. I just...I feel so overwhelmed.

Hayley: (holding Charli close) Its okay to feel that way. You don't have to hide how you're feeling. We're all here to support you.

As Charli clings to Hayley, the tension and anxiety begins to ease. Hayley's presence and understanding helps Charli feel less alone in her struggles. After a few moments, Charli releases the hug and takes a deep breath, finding strength in Hayley's support.

Hayley: (gently) Whenever you're ready, we can go back outside and join the others. You don't have to rush, though. Take your time.

Charli nods, appreciating Hayley's patience and kindness. Hayley stays with her a little longer, offering reassurance and support. When Charli is ready, they both leave the bathroom and return to the movie night outside, where Kyra and the others are waiting.

Kyra is relieved to see Charli and Hayley return and immediately goes to Charli's side, offering her a comforting hug. The group resumes their movie night, grateful that Charli has found the strength to join them once again.