Flying

It was only when Anya was sitting on her brother's private jet, thousands of feet above the ground that she started to doubt her decision. Even thought I felt like she had known her brothers forever, in reality she had only known them for less than a week and now she was moving in with them? It felt like she had signed her entire life away and her best friends as well in a last ditch attempt to keep her odd little family together.

Anya let out a frustrated sigh and turned to Diego beside her who was too busy studying the extensive menu available and whispered, "Was this an awful idea?"

Diego's brow furrowed as he let out a soft laugh and said, "Without a doubt, but it was all that could be done in the situation we were out in, so we'll figure it out."

Arya shook her head at Diego's logical tone and said, "How can you be so calm? We literally just left our entire lives behind." 

"What lives?" Diego said as he finally put down the menu and turned to face her, "The flat was great and full of things we care about but your brothers already promised to get that packed up and sent to Washington, realistically other than that what else did we really have?"

"A budding music career?" Anya replied in a questioning voice but even as she said it she knew she was grabbing at straws.

Diego huffed a small laugh and shook his head in amusement, "A, we are good at what we do buuuuuuut there are a thousand bands just like us and New York is not an easy place to break into the music industry, if anything this move to Washington might help us."

"I hate it when you are all reasonable and smart like that," Anya grumbled as she leant into Diego's shoulder, or she would have leant if Gideon's head hadn't snapped up at the contact.

"Ten centimetres at all times Anya," He said in a stern protective tone before turning back to his iPad.

"That's gonna get old real fast," Anya muttered under her breath to Diego who was trying to contain his laughter at the brief interaction.

Anya rolled her eyes and cast her gaze over the surprisingly large airplane cabin and caught the eyes of Laurie who was sitting across from a sleeping max, Anya smiled softly and received back what she could only describe as a grimace.

"I'm worried about Laurie" Anya whispered to Diego  as she turned away and shifted on her luxurious leather seat, "He's been quiet ever since we got unchained."

"You know how he is A," Diego said as he turned to face her, lowering his voice so her brothers, who were all preoccupied by their various devices, couldn't hear them, "He doesn't like change and this is a really, really big change."

"Do you think he blames me for taking him away from New York?" Anya whispered, "He always had the busiest social life and wasn't he crazy about that chef he had just started talking too?"

"Let's find out," Diego said with a shrug and before Anya could stop him he yelled across the cabin, "Hey Laurie, what happened to that chef you were talking too?"

Caspers head snapped up at the chatter and he seemed oddly invested in the conversation but Anya pushed that notion aside as Laurie blinked out of the daydream he had been lost in before his brow creased in confusion and he said, "Alex? Oh yeah it was going pretty well but then I found out they had like five cats."

Anya and Diego nodded in understanding as Casper huffed a laugh from the other side of the plane, catching Laurie's attention who said, "I'm sorry is something funny?"

"You broke up with this girl just because she was a cat person?" Casper said, amusement in his voice and also Anya thought, maybe a touch of jealousy?

"No I didn't break up with him because he was a cat person," Laurie said, raising an unimpressed eyebrow, "I broke up with him because I'm deathly allergic to cats and didn't want my throat to swell up whenever I went over to his place."

"O-oh um, sorry I shouldn't have assumed.... Sorry you can't be around cats," Casper spluttered as a curious shade of pink crept up his neck.

Laurie nodded once and went back to gazing out the window at the dark sky, his eyes glazing over with a distant look. Anya turned back to Diego with a raised eyebrow and he could only shrug in response.

"Hey uh Aiorthey when are we landing?" Anya asked as she fiddled with a napkin in her lap, she had never flown before... well she had never flown before when she wasn't drugged, she thought with resentment.

"Only like ten minutes," Aiorthey said as he looked up with a small smile, "And then we can all go home."

"Oh yeah I was wondering if the people at the house might need help moving my things into the cottage? There seemed like there was a lot in my room," Anya said as she re-buckled her seatbelt in preparation for landing.

"They won't need any help as you won't be living in the cottage," Aston said from his reclined seat, removing his earbuds from his ears.

"What do you mean? I thought that was the deal?" Anya asked in confusion.

"Your friends will be staying in the cottage but you will be staying in your room in the family home," Gideon re-iterated as he shut off his iPad and gave her his full attention.

"Oh, oh right then," Anya said as he brows furrowed, "So what room am I in?"

"Your room," Gideon said again as if he was talking to a second grader.

"You mean the pink room of hell? Yeahhhh no, I want to still have my eyesight by my eighteenth birthday," Anya said as she rolled her eyes.

"Wait what's wrong with your room, "Casper asked from across the plane, "We all helped choose things for it."

"It looks like a unicorn threw up in there," Anya said with a reproachful grimace in her face.

All four of her brothers opened their mouths in indignation but before they could defend their stylistic choices the intercoms dinged on and let them know they would be landing shortly.

Anya took in a deep breath and gripped Diego's hand as the plane started shuddering into a descent.

I wrote for once! It's a miracle! Not a lot goes on in this chapter buuuuuut that okay! Lots of love