College AU Initial Idea Part 1

Hey everyone! Number 1, please no spoilers about Spy School Goes North. I have it but still haven't had time to read it yet, thanks! So as you may know, I just finished up my book Spy School: College AU, and since I probably will not be doing a sequel, I decided to give you guys the initial idea I had wrote out and that I expanded into the full book. But because I wrote the main conversation between them first, it didn't line up with the story I wrote from the beginning, so it wasn't included in the book. But, I love the way I wrote this, even if it is a little cheesy and dumb, so I made this into a 2 part short story of my initial ideation of how the story would go. Enjoy!

Library
UCLA
1:30 AM
Saturday
October 6th

Ben's POV:
I was walking around the school and heard someone crying as I passed by the library.

I know I should have been in bed, but I had some weird gut feeling that I needed to go for a walk for some reason. I'd woken up because I had an unsettling nightmare. I was in some dark basement with this guy. He was tall and brunette, and his face was almost fully shadowed as if he didn't have one at all. The man had a gun pointed right at me, and it shined under the dim, old lights. I didn't move. Something about the way I could only see one glint of red where one of his eyes should be, the weird setting, and the glint from his twisted smile kept me frozen where I was. I didn't even know we weren't alone until he turned and pointed it at a girl. The girl was beautiful, with icy blue eyes and raven black hair. She looked familiar to me for some reason but I couldn't tell why. I'd tried to save her but couldn't before he shot her right through the heart. She screamed but her voice died as the bullet ripped through her.

I woke up in a sweat, yelling. I looked around, slowly realizing that I wasn't in that weird basement with those people and that I was instead sitting up in my bed of the fraternity I'd joined. I was panting and shaking trying to process that what I'd seen was just a bad, bad dream.

As I calmed down finally, I remembered the dream. What happened? Why did I dream that? Who was that scary guy? Who was that girl, and why did I feel like I knew her?

I couldn't go back to sleep after that, though I'd tried. Giving in, I pulled on some gray sweatpants and my black t-shirt. Grabbing my phone and keys, I quietly left my dorm trying not to wake up my roommate Mike, though with how heavily he slept, I was sure I wouldn't. Closing the door gently and sneaking down the stairs, then out of the house, I went for a walk to clear my head.

I walked around campus for a while, eventually ending up in the library. As I walked around, I saw a figure by the window who I didn't recognize because it was super dark.

"Hi." I called out to the mysterious person. "Are you alright?"

I was given no answer and continued to walk towards them. I was a few feet away and I softly asked, "Are you okay?"

"What do you want?" They sniffled annoyedly.

I vaguely recognized that voice.

"Joshua, I asked you what you want?" She demanded as she turned her head to face me, and my jaw dropped a little. It was the girl from my dream. Literally.

The moonlight illuminated her and made her practically glow. She looked so beautiful sitting there, huddled in a little ball, shining. But the tears rolling down her face also glowed and I wanted to console her.

Joshua? Who's Joshua? Did he hurt her? Is he the creep from my bizarre nightmare? Holy crap am I like- psychic? He shot her in the heart in my dream because he broke it in real life? Okay, no. I'm definitely not psychic, it's probably just something my subconscious noticed at best.