Dancing the Night Away

Tee hee, the video will be explained later and Erica is gonna hate this one very, very much and that's all I'm saying ;)

One serious note rq tho, there is a little bit in this one that's a little more serious, and it's just them dealing with some real world stuff, but don't worry, it all ends well and nothing much really happens, it is just briefly mentioned and handled to raise awareness. It's a serious thing and it's seriously not okay that it happens so often.

Parking Lot
CLUB ELEVATE

9:00 PM
Friday 
April 1st

Erica's POV:
It was Zoe's birthday, so we were all going out and celebrating and whatever. I was gonna stay in my room but Ben asked, and my mom forced me to go. Said it was "polite" to go or whatever.

Ben had asked if I was coming at lunch and I sighed and agreed. I was gonna go for a little and then leave.

I'd just arrived, and Zoe's face lit up with happiness when she noticed me standing in the doorway awkwardly, so I decided to stay. It was very loud and there were flashing, colorful lights everywhere. Along with people. Lots of people. Dancing, sitting at the bar, there was even a DJ. Not my type of thing at all, in case that wasn't clear.

"You came!" She exclaimed as she charged at me, grinning, and hugged me. 

I stiffened and noticed Ben sitting next to Mike and the guys with a beer not far away. He gave mean an glance that I take meant something like 'See how happy she is? Told you. Now be nice.'

"Yep." I tried to smile back as I awkwardly tried to hug her.

Ben looked at my face and tried to suppress a laugh. I glared at him, but it had no effect. 

Looking back, I think he'd found out I liked him and that it'd be hard for me to kill him, so he didn't take my glares at him seriously anymore. Even maiming or seriously injuring may have proven challenging for me thanks to the little b!itches I've been cursed with called feelings.

I smiled a little for real, looking at his eyes and smirk. He went from smirking at my struggle to smiling slightly at my smile. His eyes were locked on me but kinda in a daze-like state. After I blushed, (stupid, stupid self) he smiled more and looked at me curiously.

Zoe noticed all of this, and was probably taking mental notes. I didn't want her making me do anything related to feelings because I knew the direction they'd take. Point being, my main goal after realizing I was staying? Keep my feelings hidden. But unfortunately, I doubted that would happen with Zoe, and especially on her birthday.

"Okie- well, I'm gonna... go over there so.. byeeeee!" She giggled, looking between the two of us. as she jogged over to Mike, Chip, Jawa, my sister Trixie, and some other people who seemed to know her too.

"Wait-" But she was already long gone.

Which meant Ben came over.

"Hey Ice Queen." He said and held his arms out as if asking for a hug.

I hesitated but gave in and nodded, allowing him to hug me. He smiled and hugged me. He took a step back.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"Thank you. Zoe looks really happy you could make it. It was really sweet."

I nodded.

"Yeah. No problem, just no promises about how long I'm staying."

"Oh come on, don't be a party pooper." He said taking my hand and sending sparks up my arm as he led me to the dance floor where the others were. "Let's go!"