𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

She glances at Shivaay who hardens his jaw as he speeds out of the driveway of the medical complex, sprawling fourteen acres

Ask—— her subconscious prompts.

It's a horrible idea—— she counters.

For fuck's sake, idiot. Just ask—— her mind snaps.

Fine—— she grits her teeth.

"Shivaay?" She clears her throat, turning to face him. He hums. "What was Om talking about?"

Shivaay's grip tightens around the steering wheel, as he presses on the accelerator. "Kuch nahi," he shakes his head.

As he speeds through the streets of London, Annika rolls her eyes, shaking her head with an exasperated sigh. "Clearly," she remarks in a sarcastic tone. He glances at her, before shaking his head with a soft chuckle. "What?" She frowns.

"Nothing," a corner of his lips curved upwards.

"What?" She repeats, as her eyes narrow.

"I missed this," he sighs, as a melancholic smile appears on his face. "Us," he clarifies, as her eyebrows furrow in puzzlement.

"Oh," she whispers softly.

She looks out the window.

It stings.

Knowing that he misses the woman she used to be.

It makes her feel as if her husband is in love with another woman—— which she realises sounds ridiculous, but she isn't that woman anymore.

He is searching to rekindle love with a woman who isn't there anymore.

But you want to be—— her mind counters.

But I'm not her yet, am I?—— Annika leans her head against the window, watching the cars zoom past the two of them. And who knows, maybe I won't ever be her again. After all, Dr. Sharma said that I may end up not regaining all of my memories.

She exhales a sigh through clenched teeth, making sure to not make a single noise.

She doesn't know why, but she has an unexplainable need to constantly be quiet and inconspicuous.

"Annika?" She startles as he places a hand on her arm. She gazes into his cerulean eyes which are filled with worry.

She glances out the front window, to see that they were outside a large domed building with various cars driving past them and stopping in front of large swinging doors through which people flooded in and out.