26. Tests and Friends

Arav woke up earlier than usual. It's just 6:30. Ana was sleeping hugging arav.. Arav kissed ana's hair and patted her back. He slowly takes his phone from the side table and calls the hospital reception.

Arav- Good morning.. It's Dr. Arav speaking.

Receptionist- good morning sir.

Arav- please transfer the call to the diagnostic section.

Receptionist- yes sir. Just hold on.

Receptionist transfers the call to the diagnostic section.

Staff- good morning sir.

Arav- good morning. List down some tests. And send some to collect it from my home.

Staff- yes, Sir.

Arav- Patient's name - Ana Malhotra. Age- 26. Sex- female. Now list down the tests.  CBC,CMP, UA, Blood culture, hemoglobin electrophoresi.

Staff- anything else sir?

Arav- send sample tubes for those tests. And appoint a slot for an ultrasound. I'll do that. Umm also take a slot for Dr. Nikhil for an MRI scan. That's it. Send a collector asap.

Staff-yes sir.

Arav hangs up the call and again cuddled ana..

After some time arav got up and fresh up.

Arav- should I wake up ana? Or I may collect blood easily, as she is sleeping.

Meanwhile sample collector also came..

Arav takes all necessary things from his and went to upstairs in their room.

Arav took a tourniquet and tied on upper hand tightly.

Ana- ahh...

Arav pat her head to make her sleep..

Arav slowly pushed the butterfly needle and filling all the sample tubes one by one. But suddenly Ana woke up from the sleep and slightly moved her hand but arav was quick enough to hold her.

Arav- don't move. it's almost done.

Ana freaked out to see the needle and started crying. 

Arav- worst part is done Ana. look you clearly have anemia.  Bloods are not coming. still 2 tubes are left. 

Ana- it's hurting... aaaaaahhhh... 

Arav untied the tourniquet and slowly pulled out the needle. and pressed a cotton. 

Arav- just a little more. 

Ana- no.. don't stab me with this. 

Arav- needle never stabs. this just a poke. come on. See your blood was not coming out. That's why I need to do this on your another hand. hold me tightly ok? come I will take you in my lap. and if you feel pain you can bite my shoulder. now get up. 

Arav pulled ana in his lap and cover her with duvet. 

Arav- I promise. I'll do very gently ok? you will not feel anything. give me a tight hug. 

Then arav tie the tourniquet on other hand and tear a new packet of needle. ana's muscle become stiff and arav was soothing her to relax her muscles.

Arav- ok. on my count. in 5 I will poke... 1.... 2..... 2.5.....3..... and he insert the neddle. 

Ana- owwww.... 

Arav- done done. hold on. now wait 20 seconds. And that will be done.... arav draw her blood and pulled out the needle.