Chapter 12

I was crying hard the moment I went inside my room. Hindi nanaman ako pinapayagang lumabas at sabado pa lang kaya hanggang bukas pa ako hindi makakalabas ng kwarto. Sa lunes naman, university at bahay pa rin ako.

Hindi mawala sa isip ko ang sinabi ni Mommy. All my life they've been training me to be a good girl so that I'll be a good wife? What kind of logic is that? Ever since I was a kid, they never let me play outside, they never even let me enjoy the rain. In my twenty two years living as a Del Rio, I was never touched by the rain and it remains as one of my biggest dreams. They never let me out of the house even just to play with Claire and the others. I just got to meet them at school or in our house but Mom's scary stares never let us play in peace kaya natakot na rin sa kaniya ang mga kaibigan ko. They never wanted to come here after a few tries.

Mom said they're preparing me for my future. They want a clean background, a good reputation, and a good girl, for me to find a good guy from a good family. That doesn't sound good to me. In my own logic, it will let me have a controlling husband. I never want that, having a controlling Mom's already too much. Now, they're opening my eyes to a world of submissive females in the hands of their husbands?

Ghad, Kuya save me.

"Ma'am, narito na po ang pagkain niyo." A maid called from the outside.

Tumayo ako at binuksan ang pinto. I told them I do not want any of them to enter my room except Kuya.

"Claire!" I was shocked when I saw Claire standing outside with the tray on her hands. I am so sure hindi siya 'yung nagsalita kanina.

She went inside, put my foods on the table, and sat beside me in my bed.

"Your Kuya texted me so I came. Wala naman ang Mommy mo, your Kuya said she's out of town kaya ayos lang na puntahan kita. I'm worried as much as he is, Yenna. I heard what happened." She held my hand.

"Where have you been? Saan ka nagpalipas ng gabi?" I looked away. Hindi ko kayang sabihin sa kaniya na I stayed with the Lady. Natatakot ako sa magiging reaksyon niya. I know she would dig deeper dahil ang alam naman niya ay hindi kami close ni Lady Rhianne.

"Yenna, I'm your friend. You can trust me." Still, I couldn't open my mouth to say anything.

"I don't want to think that you're really rebelling against your Mom. Tell me Yenna... May boyfriend ka ba? Is that why you can't tell anyone? Kasi magagalit ang Mommy mo." I shook my head.

"Okay, I won't ask what you were doing this whole time. I think that's the least I can do to make you feel better. Remember, I'm always here ready to listen, hhmm?" She hugged me. I need that and so I burst into tears.

"I'm sorry..." Were all I can say.

"Hindi ka dapat nagsosorry sa akin." She said.

Sinabayan akong kumain ni Claire kaya sobrang grateful kong narito siya. I need to thank Kuya later.

When she left, saka ko lamang naisip ulit ang cellphone ko. Hindi ko ito nabuksan mula pa man kaninang umaga na napagalitan ako ni Mommy.

RGell
Darling, my friends are asking me about you. They want to meet you, can they?

I bit my lip. Gusto ko rin iyon. Gusto kong ma-meet ang mga friends niya at gusto kong mameet niya ang mga kaibigan ko. Hindi ako sigurado kung handa ang mga kaibigan ko para roon pero mukhang ang kaniyang mga kaibigan ay oo.

Yenna Keith Del Rio
Sure, when?

RGell
Finally you replied. I just hopped in my car. I'll go to your house. I'll fetch you.