Chapter 29

"So girlfriend mo na ba?" I rolled my eyes at Magenta. Right, I haven't asked her that.

I was about to say not yet but two arms suddenly wrapped around me from my back.

"Yes, I'm her girlfriend." My heart skipped a beat.

We're now video calling while I'm sitting on one of the sofas of the mansion. Akala ko'y tulog pa si Yenna.

"Good morning," I kissed her cheek.

"So early nyan ha!" Violett laughs.

"Good morning!" Bati niya sa akin bago tumingin muli sa screen ng iPad ko at kumaway. Kumaway naman pabalik sa kaniya ang mga kaibigan ko.

"When are you letting us know the location of your Mansion? Ijajudge namin ang interior." Ricky said.

"When I'm 80?" I joked.

"Ang sama ng ugali mo!" He said.

"She'll tell us that soon. Hindi ka kasama Ricky." Violett said.

"How are you, Yenna?" Uriel asked the woman at my back.

"Sit beside me baby." I whispered and she nodded. Umikot siya para makaupo sa tabi ko.

"I'm feeling good. Magaling naman si Lady." Nag-init ang mukha ko sa sinabi niya. Hindi naman iyon ang tinatanong ni Uriel!

Nagtawanan at naghiyawan ang mga kaibigan ko.

"Tumatapang si Yenna!" Ricky said.

"Ganiyan talaga kapag si Lady ang kasama niya." Violett said, tawang tawa sa narinig.

"It's the first time I saw the Lady blushing!" Puna naman ni Magenta.

"I'm not!" Lumingon sa akin si Yenna at natawa na rin.

"I already saw her blushing with my sister's hand on her." Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa sinabi ni Jhiezzel.

"Jhiezzel!" Natahimik sila.

"We gotta go eat breakfast." I said.

"S-sige, kami rin!" Violett left the call. Sumunod na rin ako.

"Let's go eat."

I pulled her hand to stand but she pulled me back.

"You're not gonna tell me?" She asked as she tilted her head.

I bit my lip, kinakabahan na baka magalit ko ang mabait na babaeng ito.

I sighed and went back beside her.

"Jhiezzel has a sister." I said.

"Yeah, I heard." She said sarcastically.

"Her name's Jeidhel. We call her Jeid. She's my first girlfriend." I said and looked away.

"And?"

"And... She died." Lumuwag ang pagkakakapit ni Yenna sa kamay ko at nang lingunin ko siya'y bakas ang gulat sa mga mata niya.

"She died in our first monthsarry. It's a car accident. She's driving and I was in the passenger seat." It's the first time I told the story without crying.

"I was just a damn 17-year-old girl at that time. We were so care-free. We were... drunk." I said.

"Lady... That's enough. You don't have to tell me everything." She said, looking guilty.

"It's okay, Yenna. I've moved on. I accepted it a long time ago." I said and smiled.

She then hugged me.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"I told you, I'm okay already." I said.

"But I want to ask... Hindi ba nagalit sayo si Jhie after that?" I shook my head.