Chapter 27

"Your Mom knows where you are." I said as I grate some cheese for the spaghetti.

"What? Lady, we should leave! I don't want to go back to them anymore, please." Yenna holds my hand as she pleads.

Hindi ko alam kung ano'ng dapat kong maramdaman pero nangingibabaw ang kirot na nararamdaman ko sa paraan ng pagmamakaawa niya. They did it to her, she's now scared to even go back to them.

"Baby, I won't let them take you away from me. Not now that you're in my mansion. Before they could even do that, they'll be living behind bars." I saw how her hands shake, unti-unting binitawan ang kamay ko.

"W-what do you mean?" She asked, confused.

I sighed before I stood up and got an envelope from my work room.

I want to take some legal actions, this is so wrong but I want your opinion too, Yenna.

Nanginginig ang mga kamay niyang inabot ang envelope na nasa lamesa.

"L-lady..." Nabitawan niya iyon. Isang page pa lamang ang nakita niya ay tila hindi niya na kayang tingnan pa ang mga susunod.

I look away.

"These... are the secrets I found out when I was trying to find ways to fight your Mom so I could get you. I was just trying to find her weakness but I found these. It wasn't my intention—,"

"N-no lady... She's a terrible mom but she can't do that!" I saw her tears fall down.

I immediately went to her and hugged her.

"Believe me I want to look at it that way too but I've repeated the investigation more than thrice and all of them found the same evidence. Y-your Mom is a dirty player." Lalo siyang humagulgol.

The envelope contains all the evidence that proves her Mom's illegal tactics. Her company has unregistered perfume products, and most of them contain illegal substances that make her customers addicted to her products' scents. That explains the monthly increase in their sales. There were also some documents that prove their customers were even taken to rehabilitation centers. Most of them lost their sanity upon the absence of the perfume they already got addicted to. Others got into that situation as they gambled their money to buy the most expensive products of the Contreas.

"T-that explains why she never lets me use our own perfumes." Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya. Hindi naman lahat ng produkto nila ay may ganoon subalit tila may takot din naman pala ang Mommy niya dahil kahit ang mga safe products nila ay hindi ipinagagamit sa kaniya.

"Now, I wanna ask you. Do you want to use this against your Mom? We can just blackmail her—,"

"No, Lady..." I know she'll say that. She's so pure and kind, she doesn't even want vengeance.

"She doesn't need blackmailing. She needs to pay for what she did." Napabitaw ako sa sinabi niya. I wasn't expecting that.

"Yenna... Are you sure?" I cupped her cheeks.

"T-think about those customers... h-her victims. I can't imagine what they've been through because of my Mom. That just... That won't let me sleep."

"Shh, calm down baby... Think this through." I said as I hushed her.

"Keith..." I saw Kinn walking inside the dining hall.

"Kinn." I called as I pulled away from Yenna. He nodded to acknowledge my presence.

"Why is she crying?" He asked.

"I showed her." I said and looked at the envelope. Nakuha niya agad ang gusto kong sabihin. It's what we've been doing for the past few months that's why we've been going to the US. Kinn wants to break loose from his Mom's tight grip.