You were drafted and sent off to war

Ponyboy: The draft notice arrived like a thunderbolt, shattering Ponyboy's sense of security. Fear gripped him as he faced the prospect of leaving everything he knew behind. He struggled to reconcile the violence of war with his own gentle nature, finding solace in memories of his family and friends. Despite his fear, he resolved to face the challenge with courage, drawing strength from the bonds he had forged with the Greasers. His eyes, usually filled with youthful innocence, now reflected a solemn determination as he prepared to answer the call to duty.

Johnny: For Johnny, the draft notice triggered a familiar sense of helplessness and fear. He had always been the quiet one, haunted by past traumas and the harsh realities of life. The prospect of war intensified his anxiety, stirring up memories he had tried to bury. Yet, amidst his fear, he found a fierce determination to survive, drawing on the camaraderie of the Greasers and the promise of a better future. His eyes, usually shadowed by fear, now burned with a steely resolve as he prepared to face the unknown horrors of war.

Dallas: The news of the draft hit Dallas like a blow to the gut, stirring up emotions he usually kept buried deep inside. He had always been the tough one, unafraid to take risks and defy authority. But the prospect of war shook him to the core, forcing him to confront his own mortality and the fragility of life. Despite his bravado, he felt a deep sense of responsibility for his friends and loved ones, vowing to protect them at all costs. His eyes, usually sharp and guarded, now held a vulnerability that spoke of a soul grappling with the harsh realities of combat.

Darry: As the eldest and most responsible of the Greasers, Darry felt the weight of the draft notice like a heavy burden. He had always been the pillar of strength for his family and friends, but now he faced a challenge that tested even his resolve. The thought of leaving his loved ones behind filled him with a sense of duty and apprehension. Despite his fears, he stood tall, determined to protect those he cared about and to make a difference in a world torn apart by conflict. His eyes, usually steady and unwavering, now reflected a mix of determination and concern as he prepared to serve his country on the battlefield.

3.5