𝓣𝓦𝓔𝓝𝓣𝓨 𝓕𝓘𝓥𝓔 - 𝓜𝓘𝓒𝓗𝓔𝓐𝓛

Two months later...

Sometimes, I really hate Evan. 

He's been crying so much lately, always complaining about nightmares or whatever. So what if I gave him a scare? He deserves that much for killing Mom.

Elizabeth usually tries stopping it, something about how we should stick together. But if she knew what crimes Evan has committed, she would be on my side too. It's only a matter of time before she realizes why Mom left and how she got into a car accident.

She was driving to the bakery on a rainy morning. Dad called and was trying to figure out where Mom was. It began raining harder and she kept telling him the only reason she was driving was because she forgot the cake and Evan deserves to have a birthday cake. It rained even harder and she couldn't see the road. She hydroplaned and her car went flying off the cliff, killing her instantly.

So I apologize if I'm upset. It was Evan's fault that she was out there in that weather. Sometimes I wish it was him and not her.

"Micheal, dinner time," Elizabeth said, standing in my doorway. "I made us grilled cheese."

"Did you make one for Dad?" I asked, standing up and walking with her to the kitchen.

She shook her head. "He left a sticky note saying he wouldn't be home until later," Elizabeth said. "So if 'later' is after we eat and sleep, he can make his own."

I didn't smile at my sister, though every part of me wanted to. It's just, I seem to have forgotten how to completely enjoy things. Mom's  death has been effecting all of us differently. For Liz, she's become the caretaker to an extent. Usually I'm in charge, but she'll make meals and make sure we're all awake. For Evan, he cries every five seconds because he's a bitch. For Dad, he's been working every day for long hours. He usually doesn't return home until 2 am, he leaves at 6. 

For me, I've been angry. She's death because of Evan. And I want revenge. But I don't want to kill him, I just want to make his life terrible. He deserves to think his older brother hates his guts. It's the least I could do for the fellow.

Elizabeth served me and Evan a plate, part of me nervous. She had never made grilled cheese before. I was worried she accidentally burned it.

"Did you turn off the stove?" I asked. The least I can do is make sure she doesn't burn the house down. 

She nodded. "Yeah, Mommy left a bunch of steps in her cookbook for me," she answered. "So I made sure I followed every step."

That's when I finally raised the grilled cheese up to my mouth and took a bite.

My eyes widened, my tongue melted.

I began scarfing the food down, not waiting for Elizabeth to take a slice. I burped at the end, making her giggle. "I take it you liked it?" she giggled.

I nodded. "It tasted just like how Mom made it," I praised, still tasting the cheese on my tongue. "You need to make that more often."

She shrugged and took a bite of her's before nodding along with me. "I do!" she exclaimed, returning to her grilled cheese and eating it.

The grilled cheese wasn't anything special, but it still meant something. That was a recipe Mom left for Lizzy, that was a win in my book. Sometimes we have these moments where I can just almost forgive Evan. But it's always almost because the moment ends when we all realize she's not here.

"Liz and Evan, you should wash up," I said. "Get ready for bed, watch some TV. Be in bed by 8."

"And where are you going?" she asked. "You should watch some TV with us. It'll be an Afton Family night!"

I curled my fists at those words. "I'll be in my bedroom," I said.

"But what about Family Night?" 

"Elizabeth, family night ended when Mom died and Dad became and absent father," I said. "I will be in my bedroom if either of you need me."

And with no other thoughts, I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs, leaving my plate behind for Mom to clean up. 

HII SORRY THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER!!

i needed to get something out bc i haven't been active in a bit <3

LUV U GUYS THANKS FOR 730 READS!! 

-bee