Chapter 12: Opposites Attract / Discovery / Kill or Capture (Part 1)

POV: Third Person: Yukina

Yukina drove her jeep back to her penthouse, the city lights reflecting off the hood. She had just returned from Medici, where Dimah had requested her assistance with some experimental tech, which she had eagerly tested and some she brought back with her.

Yawning, Yukina noticed it was already night as she navigated the streets. As she turned a corner, her eyes narrowed, then widened. Ahead, she saw a Lycoris in the same uniform as Takina's, aiming to shoot down a man she was following.

Yukina's attention shifted to a car speeding recklessly down the street, on a collision course with the Lycoris. Reacting instantly, she floored the gas pedal and activated her Tech Master Quirk, steering her jeep towards the danger. At the last moment, she bailed out, using the momentum to propel herself towards the girl. In mid-air, she threw a ball-shaped device that deployed an energy dome around them.

"Hikolyotov-san?!"

Her jeep intercepted the speeding car, resulting in a violent crash that sent the sports car flipping to the side of the road.

Yukina got to her feet, pulling the Lycoris up with her. The energy dome still protected them as she recognized the girl. "Hanaka?" she questioned, surprised.

Before she could say more, armed thugs converged on their position. Cursing under her breath, Yukina deactivated the forcefield device and broke into a dash, dragging Hanaka with her.

"Get them! Don't let 'em get away!" One of the thugs shouted.

Yukina glanced back and saw a green-haired man crawling out of the wrecked sports car. She commanded her abandoned jeep to drive itself towards them using her Quirk. The vehicle pulled up alongside them, matching their pace.

"Hanaka, get in, now!" Yukina ordered.

Hanaka didn't hesitate. The jeep's doors swung open, and Hanaka jumped inside. Yukina slid into the driver's seat, took manual control, and sped away, leaving the armed men behind in a cloud of dust.

"Hanaka, report back to Direct Attack immediately," Yukina commanded, her voice firm and urgent. "Tell them some group is targeting the Lycoris."

ーーーーー

POV: Third Person: Ziko

One day later...

Ziko had accompanied Takina to a doctor specified only for the Lycoris. Takina had a medical examination due to an injury she acquired at the last client job they did.

"You didn't have to come with me, Ziko-san," Takina insisted as she sat with the doctor named Yamagishi. Ziko leaned at the doorway that led to the room, watching the doctor make notes.

"That was a good thing, actually," Yamagishi said, looking at Takina, "We received reports of Lycoris getting targeted by some gang. All agents are also in alert mode S."

"The Lycoris are getting targeted?!" Takina questioned.

"Yes," Yamagishi confirmed, "So you should avoid acting alone for a while. Also, tell Chisato that her scheduled monthly physical exam was yesterday!"

"She must be afraid of doctors," Ziko mumbled.

ーーーーー

POV: Third Person: Okito

"So you'll be okay with the others?"

Okito nodded, "We'll also be busy taking care of the other stuff I mentioned. Make sure you come back in one piece, yeah?" He offered a fist bump to which Ochita replied by bumping her enclosed gloved fist to his.