Chapter 14: Opposites Attract (3)

POV: Third Person: Ziko

"Statistically speaking, any given hand has about a 33% chance of winning." Takina muttered beside Ziko. They were doing the dishes while Chisato watched TV.

"I don't get it either..." Ziko sighed, drying some newly washed dishes with a dishcloth.

As they continued with their tasks, Chisato's phone suddenly rang. Takina was placing a cup of coffee to a coffee table where Chisato sat in front of.

"Some thugs." Chisato turned off the alarm on her phone as she stood up. "They're here again."

Takina looked up to her in confusion, "Huh?"

"This is getting a bit worrying, is it not?" Aiko questioned.

Ziko sat against the kitchen counter with a coffee in his hand as he asked, "You need help taking them down?"

"Don't worry! These are just some lowly quirkless thugs." Chisato smugged.

Chisato soon climbed up to where the empty faux room was and soon enough, gunshots were heard before some glass shattering. The trio followed Chisato up soon after the thugs were taken care of.

"I have to order new windows again..." Chisato complained, walking back inside as she was on the balcony.

"So this is why you have a Safe House?" Takina assumed.

"More or less," Aiko shrugged.

"It's pretty easy if it's guys like that." Chisato added, "We also had LilyBell come by in the past."

"LilyBell?" Takina repeated.

"What are those?" Ziko asked.

"Hmm... I guess a boy version of Lycoris?" Chisato hummed. "They're scary, you know?"

"And what do they do exactly?" Ziko asked.

"Who knows?" Chisato shrugged, walking back to the ladder that led down to the real safe house. "We don't really know about them."

Takina tilted her head, saying "A hidden division of DA?"

"What? Are you interested in some of them? Although, not all of them are good looking though."

"That's not why I'm asking."

ーーー

A day passed and it was nighttime at LycoReco. Ziko sat beside Takina who was contemplating.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Mizuki asked.

"We can't win," Takina replied.

"Huh?"

Ziko looked at Mizuki "We're splitting up chores between us through rock-paper-scissors, but none of us has ever won against Chisato." He chuckled softly before looking at Takina who was sighing in frustration

Mizuki and Mika looked at each other before the woman replied, "You're using the "rock comes first" rule, aren't you?"

"You'll never win against Chisato that way." Mika added. "You do know Chisato uses the opponent's clothing movement and muscles to predict their next move, right?"

"If you use the "rock comes first" rule, she can read into what you'll do for the next move. If you don't change and stay on rock, she will naturally throw out a paper. If she can tell you'll change hands, she'll never lose if she throws out scissors, right? In other words, she has a 33% chance of forcing a tie." Mizuki explained.

"And your chances of winning are zero."

"In order to beat Chisato, you have to toss out the "rock comes first" rule, and win on the very first throw. If that's a tie, you'll never be able to win. If you start with a tie, you won't win for the rest of your life."