Chapter 12.5: The Past Will Eventually Return, One Way Or Another

POV: Third Person: Okito

"You look nervous, cap'."

Okito looked to his side towards Wyatt, "Me? Nervous? Never."

The two were at Yokota Air Base. They watched as a C-130 cargo plane taxi from the runway into the taxiway and then to an apron. The back of the aircraft was facing them as the cargo ramp began to open and lower.

As the ramp fully lowered, it revealed two people inside. A man wearing a tan military vest with gun mags attached to it along with a radio. Beside him was a red-haired woman, also wearing a black military vest with a lab coat over it.

The two of them exited the aircraft and toward Okito and Wyatt, then stopped and stood in front of them.

"Jack," Okito spoke first, breaking the second-long silence between the two.

"Okito," the man, Jack Nickolas, replied. The atmosphere then became tense, with Wyatt and the red-haired woman anticipating what would happen next. Suddenly, laughter broke between the two men as they shared a handshake.

"It's been years, Okito!" Jack exclaimed, shaking his hand more as Okito did the same.

"Same here, Nick." Okito responded, "Thanks for answering our call."

"Well," Jack shrugged, pulling back his hand and pointing it to the red-haired woman beside him, "Hotshot here was the one who thought it was a good idea, and I'm just repaying an old favor."

Okito looked at the soldier beside Jack, "Doc, nice to see you again."

"I could say the same thing, Okito," the soldier, Fiona, stated, "To be honest, I was reconsidering about joining your task force too..."

Okito tilted his head, "Oh? And why is that?"

Just then, he was met with a slap at his face from Fiona who made her way to him. Okito barely recoiled back as the red-haired woman spoke, "You left us on that fucking island."

"Yup, I deserved that," Okito muttered while looking back at Fiona, "I had my reasons, and I didn't really ditch you guys at Lonestar Island. I'm sure you already knew that."

"In his defense," Jack began, "Lonestar Island became much safer now because of the GAC's help and support."

Fiona released a sigh, her expression softening, "I know, I know... Just, don't do that again, okay? If you do, I'll kill you next time."

"Noted."

The soldier wearing a lab coat then looked at Wyatt who was silent the whole time, "Hey, Vulture. Looks like things went well, huh?"

"Y-Yeah..." Wyatt's words trailed with nervousness, "I guess it did."

Okito then looked at the two soldiers once again, "Well then, Commander Nickolas and Lieutenant Fiona of MTF Epsilon-6, welcome to Task Force 121."