Chapter 4: One of a Kind Makes Three of a Kind

[TARDIS CONSOLE ROOM]

"So, errands you say?" he asks, raising a brow.

His Bondmate scoffs, "Actual errands to be honest... then we can play."

He grins excitedly but stops when she holds up a finger.

"When I was talking about Regeneration earlier; I felt a flicker of fear from you, what's going on?" she asks worriedly, stepping over to him.

"We're finally together again and... I just feel happy in this body. The idea of having to Regenerate and walk away as another person again, I don't want it," he explains softly.

"You've never felt that way before about Regeneration, Theta, we've always viewed it the same, is it because I only have one more after this?" she asks sadly.

The Doctor shrugs, "It might be partly that. I'm just not sure, I want us to be this us as long as possible and... I'm not sure I'm going to want to change when I need to."

She quickly pulls him close when she notes the shine in his eyes, pressing kisses to right under his ear.

"Regardless of what happens, when it happens, and who it happens to... we'll be by each other's side and love each other as we always have and always will. Nothing will change that, alright?" she whispers, softly.

Her Bondmate nods and presses his forehead into her shoulder.

They pull back quietly after a moment and exchange soft smiles.

"So, where are we going after stopping at UNIT?" he asks.

She grins, "We need to go shopping. This thing is not doing me any favors under here."

The Time Lord's eyes widen, "You never let me come, I can come?"

"I want you to. I know you want to stay close to me, I can feel it. So yes, you're coming," she explains and pecks his cheek.

"Where to, then?" he asks, excitedly.

She pouts for a second, "Well, I do this two different ways. If I'm in a rush I'll just stop somewhere past the 50th century where they have everything in every color pretty much. However, I feel like hitting the 2000s Earth right now."

"We're just going... back to Earth to shop?" her Bondmate asks, confused.

She shakes her head, "I'm going to contact a very good friend of mine right now that you have never met and she's going to order me everything I need as well as have some pieces custom made."

"Custom?" he asks curiously.

"Some of it, yeah, she designs among other things," the Alchemist says.

He nods, curious about who they're meeting.

"Brigadier first," the Doctor says and starts inputting the coordinates for UNIT.

They materialize outside of his office and pop their heads out the door, looking around.

[UNIT Headquarters - Outside Office]

"Hello, Lydia," the Alchemist greets the secretary and they both walk out carrying the large cardboard boxes.

"Alchemist, Doctor," Lydia greets with a smile, "He's out at the moment. How can I help?"

The Time Lord frowns at the box in his hands before looking up, "We have Major Blake and Mr. Llewellyn."

Lydia stands and nods in understanding before calling Major Dellert over the intercom to accept their remains.

"Please have the funeral arrangements funded by my salary and if you could have their family or close friends' addresses sent to me by email I'd appreciate it," the Time Lady says as she places the box on a table to the side that UNIT keeps open for them for such things.