The escape

(I don't own RWBY or the Transformers)

Vale...

No pov

An Atlas Paladin flew into a building and exploded violently, the building shortly collapsed later, and the battle was revealed.

Optimus raised his arm to shield himself from more enemy fire as he brought out his blaster, he grunts as he located all enemy paladins and fired. The paladin slowly walked up to him, but it did little to change the fight as Optimus' bullets found their mark, disabling each paladin with a single shot. With the heavy mechs down, all Optimus had to deal with were the smaller infantry units.

As dealt with the smaller robots, his commlink activated.

Optimus: Ozpin?

Tarn: *Transmission* Optimus! I see you are still well. Fighting in Vale? Fighting for a hopeless victory?

The autobot leader froze in shock as he heard the voice that came through.

Tarn: *Transmission* I must admit, I had a hard time believing you would leave Beacon undefended, but you made it easier than I thought! *Laughs* With Ozpin gone, the only one who has a chance at stopping me, is you.

Optimus: Oz...is gone?

Tarn: I will be waiting, Prime. *Transmission ends*

Optimus Prime pov

Multiple thoughts ran through my head, so many scenarios, similar outcomes... 

I was quickly taken out of thought when I heard a jet fly towards me, a jet I knew all too well.

Optimus: Megatron...

Megatron quickly transformed and landed near me, I got into my stance, but he simply raised his arm.

Megatron: I have no intention of fighting you now Prime, you have much to endure already.

Optimus: *Slowly drops stance* What...do you mean Megatron?

Megatron: Tarn waits for you, waits for you to walk to your doom, at Beacon.

Optimus: And if I chose to stay for here for the citizens?

Megatron: Then your human guardian will watch his friends die. *Looks up*

I looked up and widened my eyes in horror as I saw 7 lockers flying through the air, towards Vale.

Megatron: Starscream already has a lock on each of them. *Closes fist* Despite the situation, I am feeling merciful Prime, and so I ask. What is your decision?

I remained looking up, contemplating the decision, Tarn and RWBY, or the citizens...

Tarn pov

I climbed out of the basement level of Beacon, laughing as I held the container in my hand.

Tarn: Now, we shall be unstoppable. *Gun reloaded* *Turns* Huh?

I slowly turned around to follow the sound when I felt pain in my arm. 

Tarn: Grah!

I held my arm before glaring at the direction that the bullet came from.

Tarn: *Eyes widen before narrowing* You...

No pov

Tarn let go of his injured arm and stared down his attacker, who was none other than Ruby Rose. She cocked her gun to release the used bullet canister as she glared back at the decepticon. 

Ruby: You'll pay for this...

After hearing her threat, Tarn could only laugh.

Tarn: *Laughs*Is that so? If that is the case, then why did you cast your friends away? Your sister? Do you wish to die pathetic and alone?