Third Person Pov

For some context:

It was around 1:30pm and Sunghoon and Jay hang out outside the rink or university, you see they never really get to do this, as the two of them are usually pretty busy with studying, and even though they go to the same university, sunghoon majors in Digital marketing as it helps with his social media presence and jay is studying physical education as he plans on pursuing hockey even after college. With all of this, two of them, despite being best friends rarely spend quality time together, and today was a day where neither of them had any important plans, so they decided to go eat at their favourite korean bbq spot.

The smoky aroma of grilling meat filled the air as they settled into a cozy booth. The familiar sizzle and pop of the grill brought a sense of comfort that was often missing from their hectic lives. Sunghoon swifly flipped the meat, the tongs clinking against the grill, while Jay busied himself with mixing dipping sauces.

"So, how's everything going with Jungwon?" Sunghoon asked, breaking the silence. He placed a perfectly cooked piece of meat onto Jay's plate.

Jay chuckled, his eyes lighting up at the mention of his boyfriend. "It's going great. He's amazing, you know? Supportive, kind, and always there when I need him."

Sunghoon nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "That's good to hear. How did you know you liked him?"

Jay leaned back, a thoughtful expression on his face. "I guess it was just a feeling that kept growing stronger. Every time I was with him, I felt this warmth, this sense of rightness. It wasn't something I could easily explain, but I knew I had to act on it."

Sunghoon absorbed Jay's words, feeling a strange sense of deja vu. Jay noticed the contemplative look on Sunghoon's face and raised an eyebrow. "Why the sudden interest? Got someone on your mind?"

Sunghoon hesitated, unsure how to respond. The thought of Jake had been lingering at the back of his mind for a while now, but he wasn't ready to voice it. Jay, however, was quick to catch on.

"No way," Jay said, his eyes widening with realization. "You like someone, don't you? Wait, is it Jake?"

Sunghoon's silence was enough of an answer. Jay's face lit up with excitement. "Oh my god, you do! You like Jake! This is amazing!"

"Keep it down, will you?" Sunghoon hissed, glancing around to make sure no one had overheard. "And it's not what you think."

Jay leaned forward, his enthusiasm undiminished. "So, are you going to tell him?"

Sunghoon shook his head. "No, not now. Maybe after the competition. I don't want to mess things up or create any unnecessary tension. We need to stay focused."

Jay's expression softened. "I get it. But don't wait too long. You never know what might happen."

Sunghoon sighed, grateful for Jay's understanding. They continued their meal in comfortable silence, but Sunghoon's thoughts were far from the BBQ. He kept replaying moments with Jake in his mind, analyzing every interaction, every smile, every touch.

As they finished eating and prepared to leave, Jay gave Sunghoon a reassuring pat on the back. "Whatever happens, I'm here for you, man. And for what it's worth, I think you and Jake would make a great couple."

Sunghoon managed a small smile. "Thanks, Jay. That means a lot."

The two friends left the restaurant, feeling a bit lighter than before. Sunghoon knew he had a lot to think about, but for now, he was content to enjoy the moment. Spending time with Jay had given him some much-needed clarity, and he was grateful for his friend's unwavering support.