Third Person Pov

Sunghoon sat at the dining table, fidgeting with his phone. His parents had called for a family meeting, something that rarely happened unless it was important. He glanced at the clock, wondering what this could be about.

His parents entered the room, their expressions serious. Sunghoon's mother, Mrs. Park, sat down first, followed by his father, Mr. Park. They exchanged a glance before turning their attention to him.

"Sunghoon, we need to talk," his father began, his tone firm.

Sunghoon nodded, setting his phone down. "What's going on?"

His mother took a deep breath. "We understand that the last competition didn't go as planned. It's clear that changes need to be made."

He felt a knot form in his stomach. He had a feeling he knew where this conversation was headed. "What kind of changes?"

Mr. Park cleared his throat. "We've decided that it's best for you to have a new skating partner. Someone who can better match your skill and drive."

Sunghoon's heart sank. He had expected this, but it still hurt to hear. "Who?"

His mother smiled gently. "Karina. We know you've known her for a long time, and her parents agree that this partnership could be beneficial for both of you."

"Karina?" Sunghoon repeated, his mind racing. He and Karina had always been close, but skating together was a different story. "But what about Jake?"

His father sighed. "Jake is a talented skater, but it's clear that the two of you don't have the right chemistry to win. This is a decision for your future, Sunghoon. You need a partner who can bring out the best in you."

Sunghoon looked down, feeling a mix of emotions. He knew his parents were right in their own way, but it didn't make it any easier. "I understand."

Mrs. Park reached out and placed a hand on his. "We only want what's best for you, Sunghoon. We believe this is the right move."

He nodded, forcing a smile. "I'll do my best."

"Good," His dad said, his tone softening slightly. "We'll arrange for you and Karina to start practicing together immediately."

Sunghoon stood up, feeling a heavy weight on his shoulders. "Thank you."

As he left the room, he couldn't help but feel a sense of loss. He knew this decision was for the best, but it didn't make the transition any less painful. He pulled out his phone and sent a quick message to Karina.

Hey, I just found out we're going to be skating partners. Can we talk?

A few minutes later, his phone buzzed with her reply.

Of course. Meet me at the café?

Sunghoon grabbed his jacket and headed out, needing to clear his head. When he arrived at the café, Karina was already there, waiting for him with a concerned look on her face.

"Hey," she greeted, standing up to hug him. "I heard about the change. Are you okay?"

Sunghoon sighed, hugging her back. "Yeah, I guess. It's just... a lot to take in."

Karina nodded, guiding him to a seat. "I know. It's a big adjustment, but we'll get through it together. You know I'm always here for you."

He smiled, grateful for her support. "Thanks, Karina. I really appreciate it."