Jake's POV

The day started with a buzz on my phone—Jungwon had created a new group chat with everyone, called "Ice Squad."

Jungwon: Let's all meet at the rink today!

Sunoo: Ooh, are we going to see some amazing skating?

Ni-ki: More like awkward falls.

Heeseung: Speak for yourself, Ni-ki.

I felt a mix of excitement and nervousness. After everything with Sunghoon, I wasn't sure how things would play out, but I wanted to try.

Later, at the rink, everyone gathered, chatting and laughing. The atmosphere was light and fun.

"Ready to show off?" Sunoo teased as we laced up our skates.

"Always," I replied, glancing at Sunghoon. Our eyes met briefly, and I felt a flutter in my chest.

As we skated around, I noticed Sunghoon glancing my way. There was a new sense of camaraderie between us, and it felt good. At one point, we ended up skating side by side, the air filled with a mix of anticipation and tension.

"Want to practice that lift?" Sunghoon asked, his voice low.

"Sure," I replied, trying to keep my tone casual. As we prepared, the others watched, whispers and giggles reaching my ears.

We executed the lift flawlessly, but as I landed, I found myself closer to Sunghoon than expected. His eyes locked onto mine, and for a moment, everything else faded away. The world around us blurred, leaving just the two of us.

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks as we leaned in slightly, our faces inches apart. My heart pounded in my chest.

Sunghoon's POV

Skating with Jake felt different today—more intense. I could sense the tension between us, a mix of competition and something else I couldn't quite place.

As we practiced, I caught glimpses of his smile, the way his hair fell over his forehead. It was distracting in the best way. When we ended up close after the lift, my heart skipped a beat.

His eyes held mine, and I felt a pull, something urging me to close the distance. The noise of our friends faded, and it was just us on the ice.

But before anything happened, Ni-ki's voice cut through the moment.

"Are you two going to kiss or just stare at each other?"

Jake and I quickly stepped back, the spell broken, laughter erupting from our friends.

Back to Jake's POV

I turned away, my face burning as our friends teased us.

"Shut up, Ni-ki!" I shouted, trying to play it cool. But inside, I was buzzing with a mixture of embarrassment and exhilaration.

As we continued skating, I stole glances at Sunghoon. Our almost-moment replayed in my mind, and I couldn't help but wonder what might have happened if we hadn't been interrupted.

After skating, we all gathered by the rink, sipping hot drinks and chatting.

"So, when's the wedding?" Jay teased, winking at me.

"Very funny," I replied, rolling my eyes but unable to hide my smile.

Sunghoon caught my eye, a small smirk playing on his lips. It was different seeing him like this—more relaxed, more open.

As the day wound down, I felt a warmth spread through me. Maybe things were changing between us, and maybe that wasn't such a bad thing.

Sunghoon's POV

As we sat together, the teasing continued, but I didn't mind. I caught Jake's gaze, and for the first time in a while, I felt hopeful. Maybe opening up to him was the right decision.

As our friends joked, I felt something shift between us—a connection that was undeniable. The thought of getting closer to Jake no longer felt daunting. It felt right.