10. perfect day

I just woke up feeling Shuji laying on my chest, deeply asleep. I smiled, watching him sleep. "So cute," I whispered. Suddenly, Shuji's head popped up, a big smirk on his face.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"Oh, fuck off," I said, my face turning red. He just laughed in response.

"Okay, now get off me, dummy," I said, trying to get up.

"Nah, I'm good, babe," he replied in his raspy morning voice, wrapping his arms around my waist. I blushed.

"Please, Shuji, I have to get dressed," I pleaded. He finally got up, kissing me on the forehead.

"Uh, fine," he said with a grin.

I got up and dressed quickly, feeling a mix of shyness and happiness. We walked downstairs for breakfast, hand in hand, ready to start the day together.

"What do you wanna eat?" I asked, taking out a water bottle to drink.

"You," he responded, smirking. I started to choke on my water from the shock. "Oh shit, are you okay?" he said with some panic in his voice.

"Oh, uh, yeah, I'm fine," I said back, coughing. "Uh, so what would you like?" I followed up, blushing.

"Oh, yeah, waffles?" he said with a comforting look.

"Sure," I said while smiling back.

I began to prepare the waffles, mixing the batter and heating the waffle iron. Shuji stood nearby, watching me with a content smile.

"You know," he said, leaning against the counter, "I could get used to this."

"Used to what?" I asked, pouring the batter onto the waffle iron.

"Spending mornings with you," he replied, his eyes softening.

I felt my heart flutter at his words. "Me too," I admitted, flipping the waffle iron shut.

As the waffles cooked, we chatted about random things, sharing laughs and enjoying each other's company. When the waffles were ready, I served them with butter and syrup, and we sat down to eat together.

"This is really good," Shuji said between bites. "You make a mean waffle."

"Thanks," I said, smiling. "It's a family recipe."

We ate in comfortable silence for a while, just enjoying the food and each other's presence. After breakfast, we cleaned up together, making quick work of the dishes.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Shuji asked as we finished up.

"I don't know," I said, drying my hands. "Any ideas?"

"How about we go for a walk in the park?" he suggested. "It's a nice day out."

"That sounds perfect," I agreed.

We got ready and headed out, walking hand in hand to the nearby park. The sun was shining, and a gentle breeze rustled the leaves of the trees. It was the perfect day for a walk.

As we strolled through the park, we talked about our plans for the future, our favorite memories, and our dreams. It felt like we could talk about anything and everything. We found a bench and sat down, enjoying the peaceful surroundings.

"I really like spending time with you," Shuji said, looking into my eyes.

"Me too," I replied, feeling a warmth spread through me.

He leaned in and kissed me softly, and I felt my heart skip a beat. When he pulled away, we both smiled, knowing that this was the start of something special.

We spent the rest of the day together, enjoying each other's company and creating new memories. As the sun began to set, we walked back home, hand in hand, feeling closer than ever.

Back at my house, we settled in for the evening, watching a movie and cuddling on the couch. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.

As the movie credits rolled, Shuji checked his watch and sighed. "I should probably get going," he said reluctantly.

"Do you have to?" I asked, feeling a pang of sadness.

"Yeah, I promised my parents I'd be home tonight," he said, squeezing my hand. "But I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay," I said, trying to hide my disappointment. "I'll walk you to the door."

We stood up, and Shuji pulled me into a tight hug. "Today was amazing," he whispered.

"It really was," I agreed, holding him close.

We walked to the door, and I opened it for him. He turned to face me, and we shared one last kiss, lingering and sweet.

"Goodnight, Y/N," he said softly.

"Goodnight, Shuji," I replied.

I watched as he walked down the path, turning to wave before disappearing into the night. I closed the door and leaned against it, a smile on my face.

Even though our perfect day had come to an end, I knew there would be many more to come. And with that thought, I headed upstairs, feeling a sense of contentment and anticipation for what the future held.