20. Plans

Monday arrived, and with it, the return to the daily grind of school. The buzz and excitement of the weekend were now distant memories, replaced by the familiar routine of classes and assignments. I trudged through the morning, barely able to focus on my lessons as my thoughts drifted back to the incredible weekend I had spent with Shuji.

By the time lunch rolled around, I was more than ready for a break. I made my way to the cafeteria, scanning the crowded room for my friends. I spotted Kira waving at me from our usual table, where Evan, Andy, and Shuji were already seated.

"Hey, Y/N!" Kira called out, hurrying over to make room for me. "How's your day going?"

I sighed, setting my tray down. "Pretty boring, to be honest. But I'm glad it's lunchtime."

"Tell me about it," Andy said, rolling his eyes. "I've got a ton of homework already, and it's only Monday."

Evan nodded in agreement. "Yeah, same here. But at least we've got this time to chill."

Shuji smiled at me, a look of understanding in his eyes. "How about we make lunch a bit more interesting?"

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "What do you have in mind?"

Before Shuji could respond, Kira leaned in, grinning. "How about we plan something fun for this weekend? Maybe a trip to the beach or a movie night?"

I smiled, feeling a surge of excitement. "That sounds like a great idea. We could use something to look forward to."

We spent the rest of lunch brainstorming ideas, our spirits lifting as we discussed various plans. The mundane routine of school seemed more bearable with the promise of a fun weekend ahead.

As the lunch period drew to a close, Shuji and I made our way to our next class together. As we walked, he reached for my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm glad we talked yesterday," he said softly. "It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

"Me too," I replied, squeezing his hand back. "I feel like we're stronger now."

Shuji smiled. "I also enjoyed what happened after," he said with a smirk.

"Oh yeah? Well, I did too," I said with a teasing smile, then followed with, "I'm glad my first time was with you."

Shuji squeezed my hand again, his expression softening. "I'm glad you were my first too."

We just smiled at each other and continued to class, ready to tackle the rest of the day with a renewed sense of purpose.

***

Later, as I walked home from school, I replayed the events of the day in my mind. Despite the usual challenges and annoyances, I felt a sense of contentment. The issues with Jess felt like a distant memory, overshadowed by the positive direction my relationship with Shuji was heading.

When I arrived home, I found my mom in the living room, reading a book. She looked up and smiled as I entered.

"Hey, sweetheart. How was school?"

"It was good," I said, setting my backpack down. "Just the usual stuff. But we had fun at lunch, planning something for the weekend."

"That sounds great," she said, closing her book. "I'm glad you're keeping busy and having fun with your friends."

"Thanks, Mom," I said, heading to the kitchen to grab a snack. "Oh, by the way, Kira's coming over later. We're going to make pizza and catch up."

"Wonderful! I'll make sure to stay out of your way," she said with a wink.

I smiled, feeling a warm sense of gratitude for my mom's understanding and support.

***

Later that evening, Kira arrived, and we immediately got to work on our homemade pizza. The kitchen soon filled with the delicious aroma of baking dough and melting cheese. As we waited for the pizza to cook, we sat at the kitchen island, chatting and catching up.

"So, how was your date with Shuji?" Kira asked, a mischievous glint in her eye.

I blushed, remembering the intimate moments we had shared. "It was amazing, Kira. We talked a lot, cleared the air, and just...connected on a deeper level."

Kira leaned in, clearly intrigued. "And what happened after?" she asked, her tone suggestive.

I bit my lip, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. "Well, it was special. We both...had our first time together. It was really intimate and just...perfect."

Kira's eyes widened, and she let out a little squeal. "Oh my gosh, Y/N! That's incredible! I'm so happy for you!"

I grinned, feeling a wave of happiness wash over me. "Thanks, Kira. It really was special. I'm so glad it happened with Shuji."

Kira reached over and gave my hand a squeeze. "You two are so good together. I'm glad you're happy."

"Me too," I said, squeezing her hand back. "Now, let's focus on our pizza. It's almost ready!"

We spent the rest of the evening eating pizza, laughing, and gossiping about everything and anything. It was the perfect end to a day that had started with so much uncertainty. As I went to bed that night, I felt a sense of peace and happiness, grateful for the people in my life and the love I had found with Shuji.

-----------

The next day came along, and the excitement of planning our weekend continued. During lunch, we gathered around our usual spot, eagerly discussing our plans.

"So, what's the final decision for the weekend?" Evan asked, looking around the group.

Kira glanced at me with a smile. "We talked about it last night, and we think camping would be an awesome idea."

"Camping?" Andy raised an eyebrow. "I'm in! It's been ages since we've done that."

Shuji nodded enthusiastically. "Sounds perfect. We can get away from everything, just us and nature."

I grinned, feeling a surge of excitement. "Exactly! We can have a campfire, make s'mores, tell stories. It'll be fun."

Evan leaned back, considering. "Alright, I'm down. But where are we thinking of going?"

Kira pulled out her phone, opening a map. "There's this great spot about an hour's drive from here. It's got a lake, hiking trails, and it's usually not too crowded."

"Perfect," Shuji said. "Let's plan for Friday afternoon. We can get there early and set up camp."

We all agreed, and the rest of lunch was spent organizing our camping trip. We divided tasks, like who would bring tents, food, and other essentials. The excitement was palpable, and I couldn't wait for the weekend to arrive.