13. Movie night

The next morning, I woke up early, the events of the previous night still fresh in my mind. A warm sense of happiness enveloped me as I stretched and got out of bed. Shuji was still asleep, his face peaceful and relaxed.

I tiptoed around the room, careful not to wake him, and grabbed my clothes before heading to the bathroom. After a quick shower, I dressed in my favorite baggy jeans and a fitted top, aiming for a casual yet stylish look. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and checked my reflection in the mirror, satisfied with my appearance.

By the time I returned, Shuji was starting to stir. He opened his eyes and gave me a sleepy smile. "Morning," he said, his voice husky from sleep.

"Morning," I replied, leaning down to give him a quick kiss. "You need to get ready for school."

He nodded, sitting up and stretching. "Yeah, I should head home and change."

As Shuji gathered his things and prepared to leave, I made us a quick breakfast. We ate together, chatting about random things and laughing. It felt nice, like a glimpse into what our mornings could be like in the future.

Once Shuji left, I finished my own preparations and grabbed my backpack. My mom wasn't home, as usual, so I didn't have to worry about sneaking Shuji out. She was often gone early in the morning, working long hours, which gave me a lot of freedom.

I walked to school, enjoying the cool morning air. When I arrived, I saw Miranda and the others hanging out near the entrance. I joined them, exchanging greetings and small talk.

"Hey, Y/N! How was the rest of your night?" Miranda asked with a knowing grin.

I blushed slightly but smiled. "It was good. We just talked and hung out."

"Yeah, right," Charney said with a smirk. "We all know what 'hanging out' means."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Nothing like that happened. We were almost caught by my mom, though."

"Ooh, close call," Stevie said with a chuckle. "Well, at least you had fun."

As we continued to chat, I noticed Shuji walking toward us. He looked effortlessly cool, as usual, and my heart skipped a beat when our eyes met. He smiled, and I felt a flutter of excitement.

"Hey, Shuji," Miranda called out, waving him over. "How's it going?"

"Hey, guys," Shuji said, joining our group. "Pretty good. You?"

We continued to talk for a while, recounting the previous night's party and laughing about the close call with my mom. When the bell rang, we made our way to our respective classrooms, promising to meet up at lunch.

The morning classes passed by in a blur of notes and lectures. I found myself glancing at the clock more often than usual, eager for the lunch break to arrive. When it finally did, I gathered my things and hurried to our usual spot.

Shuji was already there, along with Kira and Evan. We greeted each other and sat down, unpacking our lunches.

"Hey, Y/N," Kira said, giving me a knowing look. "How was the rest of the night?"

"It was great," I said, blushing slightly. "We had to make a quick escape when Miranda's mom came back, but it was fun."

"Sounds like you two had quite the adventure," Evan said with a grin.

"Yeah, it was definitely a memorable night," Shuji added, winking at me.

We spent the rest of lunch talking and joking around, enjoying each other's company. The bell rang all too soon, signaling the end of our break. Shuji gave me a quick kiss before we headed off to our next classes.