16. Trouble

The weekend had finally arrived, and with it came the much-anticipated party. It was being held at someone's house, and word had spread that it was going to be huge, with people from different schools all gathering for what promised to be an unforgettable night. Our whole friend group was going: Shuji, Kira, Andy, Evan, and me.

I arrived at Kira's house, where everyone was already gathered. Kira had transformed her room into a mini beauty salon, with makeup and hair products spread out everywhere. Evan and Andy were lounging on the bed, while Shuji was leaning against the doorframe, looking effortlessly cool as always.

"Hey, Y/N!" Kira called out, waving a hair straightener in her hand. "Come join the fun!"

I laughed and set my bag down. "Ready to get glammed up?"

We spent the next hour getting ready, chatting and laughing as we did each other's hair and makeup. The boys teased us about how long we were taking, but we knew they appreciated the effort when we were all finally ready.

Kira had chosen a sleek black dress, while I went with a bold red one that made me feel confident. Shuji couldn't stop smiling when he saw me, and I felt a flutter of excitement.

"You look amazing," he said, giving me a quick kiss.

"Thanks," I replied, blushing. "You clean up pretty well yourself."

---

The house was already buzzing with activity when we arrived. Music blared from the speakers, and people were mingling everywhere. The place was packed, with groups gathered in every corner, laughing and dancing. It felt like a scene from a movie.

"Whoa, this is intense," Evan said, looking around in awe.

"Yeah, let's stick together," Kira suggested, grabbing my hand. "Don't want to lose anyone in this crowd."

We navigated our way through the throngs of people, eventually finding a spot in the backyard where it was a bit less chaotic. There was a fire pit surrounded by chairs, and we claimed a few for ourselves.

"This is perfect," Shuji said, sitting down next to me. "We can hang out here and still join the party whenever we want."

As we settled in, we started to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. People came and went, and we met a few new faces from other schools. It was fun to see how different groups interacted and to be part of something so lively and dynamic.

After a while, Andy suggested we check out the dance floor inside. "Come on, let's go show them how it's done," he said with a grin.

We all agreed, and soon we were in the middle of the packed living room, dancing to the beat of the music. The energy was contagious, and before long, we were all laughing and dancing without a care in the world. It felt amazing to let loose and just have fun with my friends.

At one point, Shuji and I took a break and headed to the kitchen for some refreshments. We found a table with drinks and snacks and helped ourselves.

"This party is awesome," I said, taking a sip of my soda. "I'm glad we came."

"Me too," Shuji replied, leaning against the counter. "It's nice to see you having fun."

We chatted for a bit, enjoying the break from the dance floor. As we stood there, a girl from another school came over and started talking to Shuji. She was friendly—a bit too friendly.

"Hey, I'm Jess," she said, extending her hand. "Are you from around here?"

"Yeah," Shuji replied, shaking her hand. "I'm Shuji, and this is Y/N."