Chapter 6: Tooth and Claw

[Fated Pair Bedroom]

The Doctor has just gone off to inform Rose that they're going to Ian Dury and the Blockheads, he's been on about it all night. She's just finished getting cleaned up and is now in one of her satin robes about to go grab one of her regular outfits. She's not in the mood to dress up for a rock show today.

The wardrobe door opens on its own and she blinks and looks around inside. There's only one item of clothing in there plus matching heels and it is not her usual dress. It's not even something from 1979. It's... it's...

"We're not seeing Ian Dury and the Blockheads today, are we Bluette?" the Alchemist asks, forlornly.

'You did not.' she hears.

The Time Lady sighs, removes the huge gown from the wardrobe, and begins the monumental task of putting it on.

[TARDIS CONSOLE ROOM]

Rose has changed into denim mini-dungarees.

"What do you think of this? Will it do?" Rose asks, walking out of the corridor with a grin

The Doctor laughs, "In the late 1970s? You'd be better off in a bin bag. Hold on, listen to this."

He puts a CD into the TARDIS player and hits play.

"Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Number One in 1979," he informs her with a grin and begins to dance, bopping his head.

Rose nods in realization, "You're a punk."

"It's good to be a lunatic." he quotes.

"That's what you are. A big old punk with a bit of rockabilly thrown in." Rose laughs.

The Doctor turns to her, "Would you like to see him? Ally doesn't want to get dressed up today but oh well."

Rose asks, "How'd you mean? In concert?"

He shrugs "What else is a TARDIS for? I can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November, 1979. What do you think?"

"Sheffield it is," Rose says with a nod.

"Hold on tight," he replies and starts up the TARDIS.

The Doctor beats the rhythm of the song on the console with his hammer as they travel.

Rose is holding tight onto the rail and calls out, "Stop! Ally says she hates that!"

They stop suddenly, and get thrown to the floor.

The Doctor clambers to his feet and paces towards the door with Rose following him behind.

'I'll meet you outside, love,' he hears.

He begins to ramble, "Ally'll meet us outside. 1979. Hell of a year. China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie. Love that film. Margaret Thatcher. Urgh. Should have seen Ally chew her out. Skylab falls to Earth, with a little help from us. Nearly took off my thumb."

[Highlands]

"And I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to..." he trails off before he sees the guns.

Rifles are cocked before him.

"My thumb."

They are surrounded by Redcoats. The officer in charge is on a black horse.

The Doctor shrugs, "1879. Same difference."

"You will explain your presence. And the nakedness of this girl," an officer demands.