08.

╭────── · · ୨୧ · · ──────╮

╰────── · · ୨୧ · · ──────╯

When Daniella was informed that it was Klaus in Alaric's body all night she was shocked. She had exchanged words with him the original that was supposed to be the baddest around she had spent most of the time talking to him at the decade dance and at times during class.

She didn't know why he would want to talk to her at all or if it was just part of his act. She didn't exactly know what ended up happening; she had gotten into a huge argument with Dylan. She wasn't sure why he was so upset at her but it ended up with him leaving her at the dance and leaving early.

It was easy for her to find someone to take her home after having to clean up the gym. She knew tomorrow she would see Caroline and she would catch her up on everything that happened that's usually what would happen.

Going to sleep while she was in an argument with Dylan was tough. The first few arguments when they had just started dating were the worst since she cared so much and felt bad immediately.

Even if it was him that started the argument she would always feel bad about it. She would make herself think that maybe she could've been more understanding and that was a good mindset for her but sadly he took advantage of that.

Dylan had started many arguments and still waited for her to be the one to apologize; he rarely apologized first which was wrong. That's how it went at first but eventually Daniella started to get used to it. In the back of her mind she was still scared that maybe that argument was finally the one that did it and they would break up but it hadn't happened yet.

She went to sleep at night knowing the next morning she would apologize and it would be good. Sometimes she would get drained from constantly dealing with Dylan but not enough for her to leave him.

She was still blinded by love. She hadn't gotten to the point where you still love someone but you still know what they're doing is wrong. There's many people that get to that point and it is probably the hardest decision.

You know what they are doing is wrong and you also know that they are hurting you and you do not deserve that but you still love them. Hurt people hurt others Daniella was a strong believer in that which is another reason it was so hard for her to let him go.

She allowed herself to be anyone's punching bag if they were hurting she believed maybe they needed it and she would let Dylan use her all the time and maybe that was a good thing on her part but when it came to her being hurt he didn't care.

That wasn't what a relationship was supposed to be like.

The next morning she woke up and headed downstairs. She had changed for the day in her usual preppy outfits. She knew her mother was out in a business meeting but she heard movement in the living room causing her to head over there.