𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

MEET

I was sitting in my class with my best friend Inayat. Today, I was feeling weird like I don't want to come to school and feeling weird in my stomach.

Suddenly, I feel like pee and it is time for lunch break. Inayat and I went towards the washroom. I peed and showed blood on my lower part.

How can blood come out from there? I didn't hurt myself. I came out and Inayat was washing her hands. I told her that something happened to me. 

"Meet, I think you are hurt."

She said to me while thinking about something. She is looking worried. I want to cry. I need my brother's, but I don't know why today I am missing my mother whom I never saw.

How? How can I bleed when I didn't get hurt and why is it coming out from the lower part?

I asked her but she doesn't know. I washed my hands and was coming out but suddenly one girl from a different class came out from the washroom and whatever she told me made my heart skip. This is not true. How can this happen? 

"You probably did something sinful that's why God is punishing you and don't go near any boy or man. It will become more hurtful."

She said and left. That means I can't tell my brother's about that. Why is God punishing me? Did I make some mistakes, Krishna ji?

I started crying. Inayat was trying to make me calm down but how will I calm down? When I don't know what will happen when my brothers will find out that I committed sin? 

Inayat and I were going back to class but suddenly I noticed some boys were looking at me. There were some girls also who were giving me weird looks.

"Inayat, why are they looking at us like that?"

I asked her because it was very uncomfortable. The way they are looking at us is making me hide somewhere.

We ran from there and sat in the garden where no one was there. We were sitting on a bench and I was looking down. How will I get better? Am I going to die? 

"Don't think too much Meet. People always say bad things about others. How can you believe in others' words? You are the one who told me not to listen to other words and now you are thinking about them. You should talk to your brothers. You will get better" 

She told me and I hugged her. She was right. I should not believe in others. I should talk to my brother.

We were going back but when I stood from the bench. I saw red blood on the bench. When Inayat noticed that my skirt was now covered in blood. So whole school got to know that I am paying for my sin.

My tears started coming from my eyes. I don't want to cry but I don't know why I am crying. What will I do?

"Hey baby, what happened? Why are you crying?"

Suddenly, one pretty didi came and wiped my tears and when she saw my skirt. She just hugged me. I don't know why but it feels like I need this hug. 

I wanted my mumma. I wanted to hug her. When I hugged her it was a motherly hug for me. I just melted in her arms. It was different from the hug which I do with my brother. It was warm. I didn't want her to leave me.