Chapter 26: Lunch & Whispers

Shoto's POV:
I draw in my sketchbook and as Anaksu rests I keep drawing her. I close my book and put it into my bag. I wake Anaksu and she yawns. "It's lunchtime also you need to stop by Recovery Girl's office to take your medication." I say assuringly. She gets up and I walk with her to the Recovery Girl's office. She opens the door and I wait outside. I see Sasuke walking over and he looks concerned for Anaksu. "How is she?" Sasuke says quietly. "She's a bit shut off around others and I feel bad that she has to go through this." I say quietly. He nods his head and the door opens up. Anaksu yawns and I lead her to the cafeteria. She avoids eye contact with others and I order for the two of us since Anaksu is out of it. I notice that she has quit vaping but I worry for her health. Of course, her body self-heals but there is only so much self-healing that the body can do. I sigh and we walk to a table. Anaksu sits down and I sit beside her. She eats her sandwich which consists of a spinach wrap, lettuce, pickles, pasta(orzo), and barbecue pork and I eat my cold soba.

Anaksu's POV:
As I eat my wrap I only eat half of it and wrap the rest up. I yawn and Sasuke sighs. I get up and walk to the classroom. I hear someone talking about me and ignore it. I make it to the classroom and sit down at my desk. I run a hand through my hair and decide to get a haircut on the way home. I yawn and pull out my phone. I look at some haircuts and think about taking tomorrow off. I sigh and my mood worsens. Uncle Shota walks into the classroom and I look at my uncle. "Are you feeling alright?" Uncle Shota says with concern. "Um, no, not really." I say quietly. "Hey, if you want to go home you can go." Uncle Shota says assuringly. I hug my Uncle and he pats me on the head. I gather up my stuff and teleport to his house. When I arrive outside the house and unlock the door with my uncle's spare key. I remove my shoes and set them to the side. I see dad and he looks at me.

"Little Wolf, what are you doing out of school?" Dad says in a worried tone of voice. "I could feel my mood worsening and the pills aren't working for me anymore." I say quietly. He nods his head and I go sit on the couch beside my father. He hugs me and I relax. "It'll take some time but I'll discuss with your doctor about getting you new medication." Dad says reassuringly. I nod my head and Shadow jumps onto my lap. I pet him and he purrs happily. I run a hand through my hair and dad looks on his tablet for some houses. I notice dad now going over his will in case he ever dies and he looks at me. He starts updating it and I get up. I walk upstairs to the guest room and put my bag on the chair next to the door. I change out of the uniform and put on some black bike shorts and a hoodie. I grab my phone from my bag and put it on the charger. I flop on the bed and instinctive wrap myself in a blanket as I fall asleep.