CHAPTER THREE

"HA-HA-HA! VERY FUNNY Liv

"HA-HA-HA! VERY FUNNY Liv." Max says as he rolls his eyes. Olivia looks at him like he's some sort if he just insulted her lineage."What? You don't believe me?!"

"Those two hate each other! There is no way on earth that you'll be able to set them up." He shakes his head in deniel. Olivia rolls her eyes. "Trust me but the end of the season Paul and Sabrina will be inseparable."

"Yeah, and I'm moving to Mercedes next year." Olivia shrugs her shoulders. "You never know. People didn't believe Lewis would leave Mercedes for Ferrari but look how that turned out."

Max mimed her words with his hand like a child, Liv swatting it away. "You're a literal child." She mumbles.

"You're a literal child." He mocks back in a high pitched voice. "Ow!" He hisses at the heat of his cup. "Karma." Olivia wispers to herself. Upon hearing this, Max sends her a playful glare, Olivia sends him a innocent smile in return.

"You know Liv," He pauses as he takes a bite out of his toast, "Now that I think about it? I don't even remember the last time you went out on a date."

Olivia rolls her eyes, "That's because the romance I want only lives in books." She replies, holding up a copy of Pride and Prejudice. Max tilts his head, "You never know, mabye your just looking in the wrong sections."

Olivia gave him a mock laugh, "Wow. Very funny, Verstappen." Her voice void of emotion. Max gives her a sarcastic bow. "I know! It's my best one yet." The two share a laugh before Max goes back to the topic at hand.

"Mabye the person your looking for is closer than you may think?"

"Hello!" Charles says as he takes a seat  next to Olivia. "I didn't mean him." Max says to himself in slight annoyance. Thankful that Olivia didn't hear him.

ᯓ★

I

F OLIVIA DIDN'T KNOW any better, she'd think she'd started a matchmaking service in the paddock. Because not only has Charles been a approaching her for advice all day but even Pierre.

"What is it with French men and their persistence on talking to Olivia all day." Max hisses to himself like a mad man. "Charles is Monegasque." Liam corrects, causing Max to nearly jump out of his skin. "Fuck sakes Liam! Did you just come out of the shadows or something."

Liam gave him a look if disbelief. "I've been talking to you for the past 5 minutes." Max gives him a guilty look, "Sorry mate, I wasn't paying attention."

Liam chuckles teasingly, "Yeah, because you've been too busy staring at Liv." Max feels a slight blush coat his cheeks and he winces in embarrassment. "Am I really that obvious?" Liam nods. "Insanely, but don't worry. Liv is a clueless creature. You'd think for an Australian she'd more observant of her surroundings." He shakes his head in disappointment.

"I heard she's started a mini matchmaking service in the paddock." Max raised his brow. "Charles and Pierre aren't interested in her. They're more interested in her services." Liam winces, "For fuck sake, that sounded so wrong. You know what I meant." Liam waves his words off dismissively. "Besides, the only driver I know of that you should be worried about is Ocon."

Max rolls his eyes, "Oh trust me, I know." He said vaguely. "Well that was irritatingly vague." Liam squints at the Dutchman before becoming distracted by the sight of donuts.

Max and Esteban didn't get along for the sole reason that Esteban had felt the same way towards Olivia, as he did. It was one of the reasons why Max got so trigger after the Brazilian GP in 2018.

Esteban had the audacity to poke fun at the Dutchman by saying that Olivia was probably relieved at the fact that she didn't have to be in the same pitbox as Max anymore and that mabye she'll finally see what a dangerous driver he truly is.

That obviously wasn't true because after the last race of that season, Olivia had been the first person to call him after his Podium. She had actually gotten a bit disappointed at the fact that she wouldn't get to see Max as often next year but promised to still root for him.

Max couldn't help but clench his jaw at the way Esteban had made her laugh. He didn't like being jealous over Liv. She wasn't his girlfriend and he knew that, but he still felt some form of bitterness towards Esteban.

"You're doing it again." Liam sings. "You've got chocolate all over your mouth." Max says, not taking his eyes off  Esteban and Olivia.

"And you've got jealousy all iver your face." Liam mumbles to himself as he wipes his mouth.

➡ AUTHOR'S NOTE

Liv and Max are my babies 🥺 I love them so much its not even funny.

Can I just say, I don't get why people are dragging this whole Max and Lando situation on. Like okay they had a bad race. MOVE ON.