Chapter 28: Finding Proof

Four days passed as Miranda headed to the cemetery where her mother Lizzy rests peacefully in the grave. She smiled as she replaced the old flowers and placed new ones for the head stone like always.

"Hey mom." She quietly says as she places her hand on the headstone.

She stood next to the grave for five minutes until she headed her way to her cafe for her next musical gig.

Meanwhile...

Josh and Cathy decided to head to the cafe to watch Miranda play for her gig today. However Josh was in deep thought about the investigation of the murder of Lizzy Wither's murder since when he and Cathy agreed to participate in helping Olivia and Ashley out of the case.

Two days earlier.

Josh and Cathy headed to the police station with officer Olivia and Ashley to help find some leads to start with the investigation. Ollivia brought out a box of the case as they read through the old reports of two years ago of Lizzy's death. Josh started to have suspicions from the start as he asked to see if they booked anyone for drug dealing during the two year period after Lizzy's death.

"Hey Oliva, can we see any suspects that were arrested for drug dealing during the two years?" He asked.

"Sure, honey." Olivia says as she gives a folder of criminal records.

While he looked through them, many dealers were easily eliminated since most criminals that he looked through don't sell heroin since crack was more popular in the city. But when he kept looking through, his eyes widened when Fred was a heroin drug dealer when he found his criminal record during the two year period after Lizzy died.

"Hey Ashley. I have a feeling he had something to do with it." Josh says as he gave the record to her.
"How so?" Ashley asked.

"Miranda had beef with him since she dated him and they broke up when Fred dated her arch-rival Julie. And recently they jumped her and destroyed her mom's guitar after she did well on one of her musical gigs." Josh explains.

"When was that?!" Olilva asked when she had interest and shockness."

"A while ago. When she started doing her performance at the cafe she always went to perform. This is before the end of the school" Cathy added.

"I see. Anything else?" Ashley asked while writing stuff down on her notepad.

"I had a feeling that Fred had something to do with it since Miranda kept hearing Juile talking trash about her mother a few times before to Fred. Julie could've encouraged him to give the spiked heroin to Lizzy just to kill her for a chance to become a better metal musician than her. That's what Miranda told me about to make me think that Fred and Julie were involved in this murder." Josh explains.

Afterwards Ashley and Olivia weren't sure since it could be a possibility or not. But they decided to keep a close eye on Fred and Julie for a bit while they went to find evidence to get the case going again.

Back in the present.

"Are you doing alright?" Cathy teased as she messed with his hair a little to get him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, just wondering about the investigation. You think our tips could help Olivia and Ashley find out who killed Miranda's murder?" Josh asked.

"Yes, but words can't give them a search warrant instantly if you think Fred and Julie had something to do with it." Cathy says.

"Well, I believe they did because I have been hearing a spiritual voice in my head for some reason. Don't call me crazy." Josh confesses.

"I'm not sure I can believe that you can hear voices from the dead anyway. Like are you hearing Lizzy's voice?" Cathy asked while a little skeptical.