Fated mates

Their moment broken, Roman looked at Azrael's smiling face. "Would you like dinner? he asked. Without hesitation, she nodded. She was starving, her stomach growling at the mention of food. He chucked as if he, too, heard how hungry she was. He pulled out his phone, noting the time, and said, "I'll be back to get you in an hour." She nodded again. Once again, chuckling, he leaned down and softly kissed her lips, "I seemed to have taken away your ability to speak." He spoke. She blushed, embarrassed at her lack of words. Azrael swiped his thumb over her bottom lip; he said, "I'll see you soon."

Roman was panicking. What was she going to wear? Why hadn't she asked more questions about dinner before she let him leave? Instead, she had stood there, stunned after the life-changing kiss he'd given her. The way he pressed her into the wall and his hand around her throat. Focusing, she stared at the mess on her closet floor. She decided on a black skirt and a deep purple blouse. It was casual enough that she could wear her black ankle boots. Quickly straightening her curls, she let her hair fall down her back. Applying several coats of mascara, she glanced at her phone. She had 15 minutes to finish. Applying a plum lipstick, she brushed her hair again and exited the bathroom. Malakai was lying on her bed, her legs stretched out and sleeping. She walked down the hall just as her doorbell rang. Azrael looked gorgeous. He wore fitted black jeans, boots, and a dark blue long-sleeve henley. He looked at her, taking her in from head to toe. "You look beautiful, baby," he spoke. Roman felt butterflies erupt in her lower stomach. The way he called her "baby" made liquid pull in her panties. She was so far gone for this man, she thought to herself.

"Where are we going?" she asked Azrael as she stepped onto the porch to meet him. Taking her hand, he walked backward, again showing his perfect smile, and answered, "To dinner." She rolled her eyes playfully, "where are we going for dinner?" He replied, "Somewhere where they serve food." He was playing with her, teasing her, and she was smiling at him. Azrael hadn't felt this happy in centuries. He could never laugh, tease, or let go and be like he was with Roman. He always had to be on guard, moving from one assignment to the next. "Fine," she sighed dramatically, "Lead the way." Azrael and Roman took the subway further into the city. They stepped onto the busy street, hand in hand, and walked toward a small Italian restaurant. Sitting in the back, they looked over the menu. "I've never been here before," Roman said, eyes scanning the delicious options. A waitress came over, setting down a bottle of house wine and filling their water glasses. She was pretty; her black dress showcased her lean body, and she was smiling at Azrael like she'd never seen a man before. "Are you two ready to order?" she asked. They nodded and placed their orders. Azrael poured wine into their glasses, and he asked her questions about her art.

She wasn't surprised when Azrael asked, "Will you tell me about your dream?" She would, she decided. So Roman told him. About the angels, the one who has black wings and one who has gray wings. She told him about the tattoos on the woman and the green-eyed Angel. If Azrael saw the similarities between himself and the angel, he did not say. Roman liked how he listened to her. How he sincerely seemed interested in what she was saying. When she finished, Azrael said, "As impossible and strange as it sounds, I, too, have dreamt this dream, Roman." "I don't know what it means," he said. "Perhaps it's fate," he said with a smirk. Roman laughed, relieved he didn't think she was crazy. However, she still didn't understand how mere strangers could have the same dream. They finished dinner and walked Winica's city streets. The conversation came easy, and Azrael did not want the night to end. He had found his mate and had no intention of parting from her. But she was human and had no idea they were mates. He would have to take things slow with her.

It was 8 pm when they got back to Roman's house. Malakai was waiting by the front door when she opened it. He came bounding to them. "Hey, boy," Azrael greeted him. Roman watched the interaction, her heart growing even more at how Azrael doted on the dog. Standing from where he had been crouched, Azrael looked at Roman. She was beautiful and sexy, and he wanted nothing more than to kiss her again, to run his hands over her bare skin and hear her say his name. Roman seemed to listen to his thoughts because she came to him as if she could feel his desire. Cupping her face, Azrael watched as she licked her lips, readying them for him. He bent to kiss her, feeling the wetness of her lips on his. "Yes," he thought to himself; this feeling he felt with her was so perfect and pure that he never wanted it to go away. Roman's arms slid down his chest, feeling the muscles under his shirt. Roman ached everywhere for him. He broke the kiss, nuzzling her neck and inhaling deeply. He licked along the column of her throat, biting gently as he went. Roman squeezed her thighs together and let out a moan.

Azrael felt her pulse beneath his mouth. She was driving him crazy, and he knew she was wet; he could tell she was turned on as much as he was. Would she push him away if he took this further? Was it too soon? He asked himself. He'd do anything right now to feel the dampness between her legs, taste her pleasure, and feel her skin on his. Azrael brushed his fingers down her neck, watching as her breaths came quicker. He paused, looking up at her hooded eyes. Keeping his eyes on hers, he skimmed his thumbs over her hardened nipples. The friction of her shirt caused her to gasp.

Roman had no control. She briefly considered stopping Azrael before they went further, but why should she? They were attracted to each other, and their bodies reacted as if some invisible string was pulling them together. She stood on her tiptoes, kissing him again. Showing him with her mouth that she wanted him. Malakai barked, letting out a deep, feral growl that had Roman shrieking and jumping back.

Azrael's head whipped up to where Malakai was. Stepping to the window, he peered out, catching sight of grey wings in the moon's light. He felt it now, the sinister force outside. Fuck, he thought to himself. He hadn't even known a fallen was here, too busy losing himself in the feel of Roman against him. "Is something out there?" she asked. Shaking his head, he said, "No. Just the wind". Walking past Malakai, he patted his head and whispered, "Good boy." The moment was gone, and Azrael needed to find out who was watching Roman. She would be safe with Malakai. Turning to look at her, a shot of desire shot straight to his groin. She was breathtaking. Her hair was mussed, her lips red and swollen, and his bite marks dotted her neck. He had always had dark desires when it came to lovemaking. Something Isda never liked, and he had always needed to be gentle with her. Roman didn't seem to mind the way he had nipped her, though; in fact, she had pressed into him harder. Shaking those thoughts away, he said, "I should go". Disappointment flashed on Roman's face, but she quickly hid it with a smile. "I'll see you later," she said, although it sounded more like a question, even to her ears. Don't be clingy or pathetic, she scolded herself. Azrael just grinned and lightly kissed her swollen lips, "I'll see you tomorrow," he answered. She walked him to the door, and as he walked down the stairs, he turned to her and said, "See you in your dreams, Roman," and then walked off.