The Discovery

It was Friday night, and Maya and Roman were getting ready to go to Universe. Roman was uneasy about running into Phoenix again but quickly ignored the feeling. Maya was chatting about the newest guy she met online while they finished their makeup and hair. Maya was excited for Daniel to come to Universe tonight so Roman could meet him. Roman finished up her makeup with light pink gloss before heading to her closet. She had no idea what to wear. She wanted to look good for Azrael but didn't want to seem like she was trying too hard. She couldn't stop thinking about him and was excited for their night together. She pulled on black skinny jeans and searched for a top to complete her look. Maya appeared in the doorway, "You should wear the pink halter," she said, pointing to the spot where the shirt hung. "Perfect!" Roman exclaimed. Examining herself in the mirror, Roman suddenly got a chill as if someone was watching her. Walking toward the window behind her, she peered out into the darkness. Unable to see anything, she tried calming her nerves. Suddenly, the doorbell rang, causing Malakai to bark and startling Roman. Shaking off the odd feeling, she turned toward the door.

"So, you must be Azrael?" she heard Maya ask while opening the door for Azrael. Maya and Azrael chatted while Roman grabbed her shoes. "Ready?" she asked them. They both turned as Roman made her way down the hall. Stepping up to Azrael, he hugged her, bending to whisper in her ear. "You're going to make it hard for me to keep my hands off you tonight". Roman blushed, peeking over at Maya, who was silently watching their exchange. Rolling her eyes playfully, Maya stepped onto the porch. Giggling, Roman stood on her toes to kiss Azrael. Turning toward Malakai, Roman bent down to say a quick goodbye before following Maya out the door.

They arrived at Universe and found a small table to the right of the dance floor. Maya was dancing with Daniel now after introducing him to her and Azrael. Roman watched as they laughed; it looked like they were having a great time. Roman wanted this to work for Maya; she had been lonely since her breakup with Ryan. She spotted Azrael coming back to the table with drinks. He also wore black jeans, a black fitted T-shirt and black boots. He looked good in black, Roman thought to herself, staring as he handed her the jack and coke she ordered. Azrael smiled at her like he knew she had just been checking him out. Sipping her drink, she looked around the crowded club, still feeling uneasy about the last time she had been at Universe. Breaking her thoughts, Azrael asked, "Looking for someone?". Shaking her head no, she said, "Let's dance."

Azrael was a great dancer, something Roman hadn't expected. His body moved perfectly with hers, in sync with the loud, thumping music. Azrael was captivated by Roman; the way she danced and her scent all around him made him ache for her. Though Azrael was enjoying himself, he wanted to be alone with Roman. They hadn't spent much time together since the park. Azrael had been busy the last few nights, and he could not spend as much time with Roman as he wanted. Looking into her lineage had proven more complicated than he had thought. There was no record in Waihtnor of her birth or her birth parents. Azrael felt he was missing something and planned to speak to Eloheem about it. Breaking his thoughts, Roman turned to him, whispering over the music, "I'll be right back; I have to use the restroom." Nodding his understanding, Azrael made his way back to their table.

Phoenix smiled darkly, watching Roman walk away from Azrael and head down the hall. He had been infuriated watching them dance. Roman was his, and tonight, he would ensure she understood that. While waiting for her to exit the bathroom, Phoenix stood leaning against the wall opposite the door. He sent Azrael a little surprise and told Azmodeus to watch him. Phoenix didn't need any interruptions for what he had planned. Seeing her step out, he waited until she noticed him. Roman halted, seeing Phoenix standing in front of her. Her heart rate increased as she asked, "Have you been waiting for me?". Phoenix stepped to her, noting the fear in her eyes as she darted them down the hall. "Don't worry, little angel. Azrael is too occupied to come looking for you." Phoenix laughed, noting the confused expression on Roman's face. "I sent an old friend to keep him company. Isda and Azrael have much to catch up on." Roman's heart dropped at his words. Isda? Who was Isda, and what was Phoenix doing? She was anxious and wanted to return to Azrael, but Phoenix blocked her path. Reaching into her back pocket for her phone, she panicked, realizing she left it on the table. "When will you understand you are mine, Roman? Azrael cannot have you," Phoenix snarled, pulling her to him and pushing her back down the hall.

Gemory was shocked as she watched Phoenix's interaction with Roman. "It couldn't be", she breathed, speaking out loud to herself. It was the child. She was now grown up into a beautiful woman with long dark brown hair and bright hazel eyes, just like her father's. Somebody had gone to great lengths to hide her from Gemory. She felt sick and angered all at once. Roman would not take another male away from her. Walking down the hall toward where Phoenix had taken her, she listened for them. Hearing them outside, Gemory stepped into the ally to greet them.

What was Isda doing here, on earth, and in Universe of all places, Azrael thought. This wasn't good; someone was up to something, and he had a good idea of who it was. Growling, he asked, "What are you doing, Isda? I made it clear I did not want to see you again". "Oh, Azrael, haven't you missed me? Even a little bit?" she pouted. She sat before him, wearing a tiny red dress showcasing her long, slender legs. Isda might have tempted him once, but that had been centuries ago before she had shown him her true nature. Now, her presence here was not a coincidence. Phoenix no doubt offered her something generous, and in return, she was to come here tonight and cause a rift between him and Roman. He stiffened at the thought of Roman, where was she? She had been gone for a while.

Ignoring Isda's attempts at flirting, he looked down at the table and saw Roman had left her phone behind when she went to the bathroom. Azrael's blood chilled as a bad feeling washed over him. He stood, paying no mind to Isda's protests. Making his way to the back hallway, Azmodeus stepped from a door directly into his path. Straightening, Azrael yelled, "Where is she?". He was losing control; Phoenix had Roman. He was certain of it. Azmodeus smiled, "I do not serve you nor Eloheem, Azrael. I don't need to tell you anything, nor can you command it of me. Your mate will be taken care of in Sheol unless she upsets the King, of course.", he laughed darkly. Azrael launched himself at Azmodeus, hand around his neck, pushing him firmly against the wall. Azmodeus continued laughing, sweeping his hand down the hall, "You're too late, Azrael. He has already left with her". Azrael had difficulty keeping himself in check; he was wasting time and needed get to Roman.