002

"When place and time intertwined us."

Jake's lips twisted into a wry grin at your response, both amused and frustrated by your cryptic answer.

"You do not make this easy on me, My Lady," he out spoke, his fingers lightly caressing your elbow for a moment.

He shook his head slightly, attempting to regain a more serious demeanor. "But seriously," he pressed, "Must it truly be left to chance?"

"It will surely happen," you said, henty pushing his hand away slowly. "Farewell, Jake!" And then you continued walking pass him.

Jake watched you as you pushed his hand away and started walking again.

"Just like that, eh?" he muttered under his breath, a hint of a smile still on his lips. "Until next time, My Lady."

With that, he watched you walk away, his eyes lingering on your retreating figure for a moment before he turned and began making his way back to the castle.

As Jake made the journey back to his castle, his mind was filled with thoughts of you.

He replayed the encounters in the forest, your interactions, your words. The way you spoke to him, the way you moved, the way you fed the rabbits, the way you blushed when he mentioned the absence of a suitor. All of it was etched into his memory.

He chuckled softly to himself as he walked, shaking his head as if to clear his thoughts. "When will that woman stop being so elusive...?"

As Jake was lost in thought about your elusive nature, he was suddenly interrupted by the arrival of his advisor, Keeho. The man, one year older, was brisk and efficient, as usual.

"Your Grace," Keeho said, his voice betraying urgency, "Forgive me for interrupting your walk, but there is an urgent matter that requires your attention."

Jake immediately snapped out of his thoughts, his mind switching gears to focus on the business of the kingdom. He nodded to Keeho, indicating that he was listening.

"What is it, Keeho?" he asked, his voice serious now. "What requires my immediate attention?"

Keeho handed a few papers to Jake, a grave look on his face. "There have been reports of tensions rising in the outlying villages," he explained. "I believe some of the lords are getting restless and may be planning a rebellion."

Jake's face clouded as he took the papers from Keeho and began to quickly read through them. His initial good mood from the meeting with you was replaced by a sense of growing concern and duty.

"Damn it," he muttered, his eyes skimming over the details on the papers. "I knew there was going to be trouble with them soon."

Jake handed the papers back to Keeho, his mind already racing with thoughts of what needed to be done to stabilize the situation.

He ran a hand through his hair, "We need to address this immediately," he said to Keeho, his voice firm. "Send messengers to the villages, see what information we can gather. I'll convene a council as soon as possible."

Keeho nodded in agreement, his face showing a similar sense of urgency and determination.

"I will see to it immediately, Your Grace," he said, taking the papers and making a quick bow. He started to turn to go, but stopped as if remembering something else.

"And... if I may say so, Your Grace," he added, "I hope your walk in the forest was enjoyable before I interrupted it."

Jake blinked, surprised for a moment that Keeho had mentioned the walk in the forest. He didn't realize anyone had noticed him leave.