Chapter 124: Cherries and Fear

Your Pov

I walked back home, my thoughts racing about what had happened. While any person's first real instinct was to report back immediately to the Council, I did not. I was confused and needed someone to vent to, and the only person I could talk to was home.

I opened the door to the bedroom, where I might find my husband. Almost entering, I caught him in the corner of my eyes across the way from our room. He was in the nursery room, looking at the crib near the window. Anakin was also going through his form of torture, but at this moment, he seemed somewhat at peace.

I cracked open the door slightly, making his body tense up immediately. His head turned over his shoulder, and his eyes landed on my face. A smile came quickly within seconds. "There you are." He turned around fully so that he faced me. He started to walk towards my body, his arms opening up. He was coming in for a hug.

"Anakin, I must talk to you," I said, trying to stop him from reaching my body. That, however, did not go as planned. His arms tightly hugged my body, wrapping around my body. He smelled like mint, making me want to close my eyes and sleep.

"Zander destroyed General Grievous," he whispered into my ear, opening my eyes. I opened our hug so that I could see his eyes. There was a smile on his face and a smile on mine.

"Zander?" I asked, surprised. I was shocked that it wasn't Obi-Wan who plastered his name onto the one who finally took down Griveous; it was my Padawan. "He did it with your training, of course," Anakin replied, his hands making their way to the sides of my cheek. He lifted my head up and softly placed his lips on mine. A rush of emotions went through my body.

My hands automatically went to the back of his head, grabbing his hair as I craved more of his lips. I wouldn't stop until he pulled back, "Don't stop." I whispered, leaning for more. His lips were soft and tasted like cherry. I needed it now more than ever.

"But there's more," he said between our lips, touching. He pulled away again. "The Council is on their way to make sure the Chancellor returns emergency power to the Senate," he said, catching his breath.

One of his gloved hands softly placed itself on my neck. Then I remembered the conversation I had with the Chancellor. I pushed his hand away, walking away from the lust I had moments ago. "He won't give up his power," I scoffed. His face was both surprised and confused.

"What are you talking about?" He titled his head. "I've just learned a terrible truth, Anakin," I replied.

"Chancellor Palpatine is corrupted with the dark side," I added. He looked at me completely blankly as if the words I said weren't a surprise. "The Chancellor?" he questioned, his eyes squinting. He must think I wasn't telling the truth.

"Yes. The one you and the Council have been looking for." I spat out, rather annoyed he didn't believe me.

"How do you know this?" He asked another question.

"He told me he knows the ways of the Force," I explained; I found myself pacing back and forth, trying to tell him everything without letting any details out. "He knows the way of the dark side and wants me to learn from him." I continued his eyes, tracing my pacing movements.

"Are you sure?" he asked, stopping my body from moving with his hands. "I would not lie about this," I said in a harsh tone, one that would make him realize I was not joking around.

"Okay, okay," Ankain replied softly, calming me down. "I believe you."

"So what now?" I asked, worried. I was playing with my hair, twisting it around my finger, anxious to hear what would happen next.

"Now, I need to talk with the Council and inform them of your discovery." He gasped slightly and smiled quickly as he found me becoming more worried. "Shouldn't I be the one to tell them?" I asked.

Anakin smiled, "No, my love. You've done enough. I need you to rest." He said softly. He kissed my cheek, making my body slightly relax. "Rest is good for the baby. Please let me handle this."

I nodded, agreeing to let him handle this situation. Anakin gave me one last kiss on the lips. This time, it didn't taste like cherries—it tasted like fear.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

I waited for what seemed like hours. I had no appetite or desire for anything. C3PO made his best effort to cheer me up, but nothing was helping this pit in my stomach go away.

The sun began to set, and the golden glaze set upon our home. I sat on our living room couch, counting the minutes and seconds. "Are you sure you don't want to drink anything?" C3PO asked, carrying in a tray of tea.

"No 3PO, no thank you." I replied giving him a warm smile. He reminded me of Anakin, and all the worrying began to rush in again.

"If you don't mind, I like to be left alone." I looked at 3PO. He looked down at his tray and back up to face him. "I don't like this," he replied, placing the tray onto the glass table and then walking out. I watched as he did, not feeling any better from hurting his feelings.

My mind went back to thinking anxiously, the Chancellor's words repeating inside my head. What if he was the only one who could return the Force to me?

I closed my eyes, breathing as slowly as I could, feeling in control. I focused on my surroundings, grabbing the ends of my dress and playing with the fabric.

I went back to my old Jedi training, remembering how I used to meditate. I could hear my heartbeat slow down. If I were to return to the force, I must allow myself to feel everything. So I did; I felt my life's happiness, sadness, and, finally, anger. It was hard to get out of that one.

I've been holding onto that pain for so long. I could no longer allow it to hold me back. My eyes opened up, wandering the room again. I didn't want to be a Jedi and follow the rules of the Order. I didn't want to be in the Senate and follow their rules. I wanted to be free to be who I wanted to be.

Then, I felt a bit of what I had long wished for. I felt the breeze, warmth, and comfort I had once felt. I saw myself walking in the woods, alone with my lightsaber ignited. The color of my saber was white, and I had two on each side. I wondered why they had changed, but nonetheless, I didn't complain.

I felt like my old self for the first time in a long time.

Then, the image changed. The woods I was in was now on fire, and I stood there, not running away from it but stupidly looking at the flames.

I opened my eyes quickly, feeling the warmth come to life. My body began to tense again, my heart pounding a hundred beats per minute. I was given a taste of what I wanted and then was pushed out again.

My eyes began to swell with tears. Why is this happening? I questioned.

I got up from the couch and walked towards the large open windows. From this view, you could see the Jedi temple. The sun glazed upon it as well. Anakin was in there doing god knows what. Or perhaps he wasn't in there at all and was somewhere else fighting his life away at the hands of the Chancellor. I had no idea, and that's what kept my mind running.

I wiped away a few of the tears that had fallen onto my cheeks.

"Senator Amidala, I set up a bath ready for your taking if you wish." 3PO came in, knocking me out of my thoughts. I started at the droid, embarrassed I had been crying, and it was noticeable.

"Thank you, 3PO." I smiled the best that I could and followed the droid into the bathroom.

I love c3po so much