Chapter 2

<Romantic Cinderella> is the most popular modern romance web novel recently, and it was confirmed to be made into a drama. And the drama was handled by Lizard Production, where I was working. I worked there as an assistant director for 3 years, and as a contract worker in the broadcasting industry where many people quit every few months.

I was one of the few who lasted quite a long time. Although the job was not related to the directing videos, but mainly about listening to the director, enduring the director's annoyance, laughingly responding to nonsense, staying up all night and  doing odd jobs, etc... It was a job not worth putting on a resume.

I eventually got hit by a truck and died, but it seems like I was possessed in this novel.

What the heck is this nonsense...

<Romantic Cinderella> is a novel with intuitive content, just like it's title. The heroine, Bae Ji-an, grew up in a difficult environment and has protective instinct, fight against all kinds of hardship in life, and after struggling to get a job as a contract worker at Haewon electronics, she meets Choi Do-yoon, a manager two years her senior, falls in love, gets married, and in the side story, has two children and lives happily ever after... It's a predictable story.

There were many malicious comment saying, "What kind of boring content is this in the 21st century?" But being boring originally means being classic, and classic are bound to be popular forever.

Food is also better when you know the taste. The new author who has been taking over the romance novel world since her previous work has also been gaining word of mouth in many communities from the beginning of the series with her realistic character descriptions, and even before the end, the drama production was confirmed early on.

The most important female lead role was decided upon by Seo Eun-bi, a rising star who possesses both innocence and wistfulness. After internal discussions with Seo Eun-bi's agency, the feel of the web novel's illustration also changed slightly to the actress's face

Of course, I read the novel. It was work, the original story itself was so tense that it made me want to pay for the next part. I read it on my spare time on the way and from work, but I never thought I would end up like this.

I stopped washing my hands with cold water at the sink and stared blankly into the mirror.

Even at a glance, his white face gave off the impression of a noble and large gentleman. His eyebrows were thick, as if they had been painted with thin black soot, and his nose was sharp. His lower face was slightly angular but his lips were particularly red, so he had a decent face.

But the impression was too bad. It was surprising that even with droopy eyes corners and long eyelashes, one could still look sullen. When I stared blankly at the mirror, I felt like I was looking down on the world. So I tried smiling a little, but it only made me look mean.

I was scared when I saw Choi Seunghee's face earlier. But looking at this, I'm surprised that Choi Seunghee isn't afraid of me.

Ha...

It was definitely a good thing, since after he died suddenly, he possessed a young rich kid with money and fame in both hands.

But the problem was that the character he had possessed was the male lead's half brother. There is only one reason why a rich male lead in a romance novel would have a half-brother.

To act as a capable rival who blocks the make lead's path at every turn, or to leave the male protagonist with unfortunate trauma during his childhood.

Choi Seung-hyun does not only the latter, but also plays a significant supporting villain role in this novel.