Chapter 3

For a moment, I was about to say "I'm not a kid, so why would you be visiting tomorrow. I'll figure it out myself."

But I just kept my mouth shut. Thinking about it now, I don't know anything. Not even my home address. I thought it would be better to just go when Seunghee gives me a ride. After understanding the situation, I nodded obediently. But then suddenly, thinking back on the conversation from earlier, I felt something strong.

You said it hasn't been long since she joined the company?

In the novel, she was the managing director of Haewon trading company.

She was a bad sister-in-law who treated the female protagonist badly, but this young lady in front of me still seemed to young to play such a serious role. Suddenly, a chill run down my spine. I swallowed hard and asked.

"Sister, what is your rank right now?

"Deputy."

For a moment, my heart sank.

The male protagonist, Choi Do-yoon was the 'Chief of Staff' when he first met the female protagonist. But Choi Seunghee, who should be the managing director, is now the deputy manager? Seung-hyun asked again in a trembling voice.

"How old is Choi Do-yoon?"

"...Are you really suffering from short-term memory loss?"

"That's what the doctors said, and I don't need to remember every single thing about him."

When I said it with a hint of irritation, Seunghee was able to understand it more easily. It seemed that the last words I added seemed to be somewhat more like what Seung-hyun from the novel would say. She thought for a moment, then said.

"He entered high school last year... So he's 18 now."

"What?!"

"Why are you surprised? You guys are only 7 years apart, I'm 9 years."

(Do-yoon is 18, Seung-hyun is 25, Seunghee is 27)

My eyes widened.

Choi Do-yoon is a high school sophomore now? Then when will he become the head of the department? How far back in time did this timeline go?

★★★

"Young master, if you need anything, please let me know."

"Yes, thank you."

The servants disappeared with awkward smiles. After all, no one would want to spend a long time with a guy who got sick in the head while on drugs or something. I think it's normal for them to avoid me.

Choi Seunghee just dropped me off at home and went straight back at work, and the house, where only the servants were walking around here and there, was as quiet as a mouse. There was absolutely no need to stay at the hospital because I wanted to be alone. This house is already too quiet.

Even now, I still feel bewildered that this place-like mansion in Hannam-dong is not a drama set but reality, I buried myself in my sofa and tried to collect my thoughts again.

In conclusion, there was nothing wrong with me going back in time considerably from the novel timeline.

Even though Choi Seunghee is a Chaebol, it usually takes at least a dozen years to become an executive. In other words, that means it would take Choi Do-yoon about the same amount of time to become the Chief Executive Officer in the novel, and it also means that there's still quite a bit of time left until Seung-hyun's ending of Kangwon land's downfall. At the original, Choi Do-Yoon was probably in his early thirties, so this amount of time is enough.