Chapter 11

When I got home, it was late in the evening. Choi Seung-hee was in the living room on the second floor for some reason. She was sitting on the sofa with her glasses on, checking something on her iPad, and then she glanced at me and Do-yoon as they came in together and opened her mouth.

"...Why did you suddenly eat cucumber?"

Wow, you're getting to the point right away without even saying hello.

By the way, Choi Seung-hee said she prepared the hospital room for me today.

I instinctively looked at Do-yoon's expression. If Choi Seung-hyun really had a cucumber allergy since he was young, then what I had said to Do-yoon earlier about 'eating that sandwich every day in America' would have been a complete lie. I suddenly smiled at Seung-hee with an overly bright face and said,

"Let's go in and talk."

Then she took off the silver-rimmed glasses she was wearing. Then she nodded at me.

"Did you do that on purpose?"

What is this? But then, Do-yoon, who was standing next to me, suddenly answered.

"That's not it."

Then Seunghee looked back at Doyoon. Rather than being surprised, she looked bewildered that he would interrupt our conversation. And I felt the same way. Was the male protagonist already feeling intimately close to Choi Seunghee enough to suddenly speak to her?

Do-yoon continued speaking with his characteristically calm expression.

"My brother has a bit of a fuzzy memory, so I think he doesn't remember his allergies very well. It's gotten worse recently..."

"Hey!"

I cut off Do-yoon's words in a hurry.

"You go in and rest quickly. You worked hard today."

At the same time, I dragged Choi Seung-hee and went into my room, which was closest to me. When the door closed with a bang, Choi Seung-hee shook my hand off as if she was displeased. She looked at me with suspicious eyes and asked,

"... A child who hasn't even put a cucumber in his mouth since he was five years old."

Wow, I'm glad I came into the room just now. I almost couldn't make an excuse in front of Choi Do-yoon. I answered, brushing my chest away.

"I heard that your memories have been coming and going recently."

"Did I recently turned five?"

"Oh, what, why are you doing this? What are you trying to say?"

Then she crossed her arms and looked at me, smirking.

"I was going to tell you to stop if you were just trying to look good in front of Grandpa. But I didn't realize you were doing something really stupid."

I was momentarily speechless at the unexpected reaction. Why is everything in this family about my grandfather?

I naively thought for a moment that Choi Seung-hee had been worried about me as an older sister, but I felt a sense of disappointment and annoyance.

"Do I have to be hospitalized just to look good in front of my grandfather?"

Then Seunghee shut her mouth. To be honest, Choi Seunghyun was the eldest grandson who was loved even though he was just breathing. And because of that, he didn't get along well with Seunghee, who was the older sister in the original. Choi Seunghee looked at me crookedly and said.

"You have something you want, right? You went with the loser concept but it didn't work out, so you changed it to the sick concept, right?"

Huh?