Chapter 23

And that wasn't the only surprising thing.

Yoo Hyeong-ju was surprisingly neatly dressed. Until recently, he was wearing a black T-shirt and his school uniform was unbuttoned, but now his uniform buttoned up all the way, and his once bright yellow hair had darkened considerably.

He didn't have any piercings. His expression was a little dissatisfied, but if we had just met on the street, I wouldn't have recognized him. When I hesitated, Do-yoon, who had brought him here, answered simply.

"That's what happened."

What!? Please explain.

A few weeks after the day the two exchanged numbers, it was quiet, so I thought nothing was wrong. That was understandable, because if you think about it, it doesn't make sense to tutor a punk you just met on the street. So I thought it was just a passing incident, but it seems there was another reason for the quietness. Do-yoon said.

"We used to meet at the local library to study, but I had no choice but to bring you home because they're doing some renovation work for the time being. I'm sorry."

My mouth fell open.

"You've been studying... continuously until now?"

"Yes. We decided to do that."

"Uh, since when?"

"From the day after we exchanged numbers?"

I looked back and forth between Do-yoon and Hyeong-ju with a bewildered expression. When Hyeong-ju met my eyes, he suddenly lowered his head, perhaps because he was embarrassed. When I saw that, I was so dumbfounded that I almost lost my mind.

No, you were so interested in studying? No matter how much I told you to live well, you suddenly changed your ways like this?

Why did you became a thug in the first place? Then why didn't you change your mind sooner?

I stood there in an awkward position and then asked.

"Are you studying well? Are you not fighting?"

I asked, hoping that those two would fight. But Do-yoon nodded slightly.

"Yes. There was no problem."

My mind became even more chaotic because of Do-yoon's calm response. What kind of guy is Yoo Hyeong-ju that he can change so quickly? Is this a male protagonist's special ability or something? Is there a power to reform gangsters? Is this kind of development supposed to be natural?

I gulped. Yeah, well, they were going to get along someday, so I shouldn't be surprised by all these things. I felt like I'd been hit in the back of the head with a hammer, but I spoke as naturally as I could.

"Well... I see. Then both of you study hard and go."

But these two guys just stood there as if they were stuck in place and didn't go anywhere. What? Why weren't they going?

"...Uh, Doyoon's room is over there."

Then, Hyeong-ju, who had been quiet until then, suddenly responded rudely as if he was annoyed.

"Why am I going to this kid's room?"

Then, Do-yoon, who had been gentle until then, suddenly hardened his face and snapped.

"Why would I let you in? Don't even dream about it."

... Then why did you come?

But then the two of them suddenly sat down in the middle of the living room table, on either side of me. I was suddenly trapped between two high school students.